Technologist II – RI
The Hospital for Sick Children
We are currently recruiting for a Research Technician II to join the Structural & Biophysical Core Facility team. The SBC Facility (http://lab.research.sickkids.ca/sbc-facility/) is a state-of-the-art core research laboratory housing over 25 analytical instruments focused on the biochemistry and biophysical characterization of proteins, protein interactions and other biological molecules. The SBC Facility collaborates with and supports scientists working on projects originating from a wide variety of research backgrounds. The research technician will be primarily involved in performing research experiments originating from various research programs, supporting collaborating scientists who use the facility, as well as maintaining facility instruments and other infrastructure.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do (Job Duties):
• Perform biomolecular characterization experiments with a focus on protein molecular interactions, as well as a variety of other technical assignments and special projects under the general supervision of the facility manager.
• Contribute to the day-to-day running of the lab.
• Train and assist scientists to use facility instruments and provide ongoing experiment and instrument support.
• Assist in maintaining facility instruments, equipment and laboratory organization.
• Create and modify SOP’s and application notes.
• Perform light administrative tasks as required.
Here’s What You’ll Need (Requirements):
• Bachelor of Science degree plus two years of relevant experience. Specialties in protein biochemistry are an asset.
• Knowledge or experience with instruments and techniques in relation to structural and biophysical characterization of biological molecules. A list of applicable instruments can be found at https://lab.research.sickkids.ca/sbc-facility/instruments/.
• Ability to carry out responsibilities with a high degree of independence and integrity.
Temporary Full-Time (1 year contract), potential for renewal
You can view the full description of this job opening and apply by following this link:
525 University Avenue
Job Posting Link