TWO (2) PERMANENT FULL TIME REGISTERED TECHNOLOGISTS (CYTOLOGY/HISTOLOGY)
North Bay Regional Health Centre
The North Bay Regional Health Centre (NBRHC) is a unique health care organization with three primary roles. It provides acute care services to North Bay and its surrounding communities, is a district referral centre providing specialist services for smaller communities in the area; and is specialized mental health service provider for the Northeast Region of Ontario which spans from Muskoka area to the Hudson Bay, and from the Quebec border to Sault Ste Marie. NBRHC has 409 beds and numerous outpatient and outreach services and is one of four major acute care hospitals in the Region. The others being Health Sciences North in Sudbury, Sault Area Hospital in Sault Ste Marie; and Timmins District Hospital in Timmins. The immediate area surrounding North Bay is also served by small community hospitals like Mattawa and West Nipissing General Hospitals.A major teaching centre for students in medicine, psychiatry, nursing and allied health professions, NBRHC is proud to not only be affiliated with NOSM, but also Nipissing University, Canadore College and other Ontario colleges and universities. NBRHC chairs the development of regional Academic Health Science research Network to better address the unique needs of the north, overcome barriers that impact health care and ensure the transfer of knowledge into innovative evidence based care solutions.
North Bay, ON
As an integral member of the Laboratory team, the Medical Laboratory Technologist responsibilities include: performing laboratory procedures for all licensed disciplines and functions and ensuring the completion of assigned workload; operating, troubleshooting and maintaining of laboratory equipment and work area; preparing written and electronic reports required to document procedures and test results; participating in teaching, educational, safety and quality improvement programs; observing and understanding Hospital and departmental policies and procedures; adhering to Hospital and departmental mission and value statements while maintaining patient confidentiality; performing cross-functional duties, as assigned, or requested; performing other
duties related to and consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Graduate from a recognized Diagnostic Cytotechnologist program and certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS)
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) authorized to practice in both Cytology and Histology
- Recent relevant experience within the last 3 years
- Effective time management and strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health team
- Ability to work independently, quickly and accurately under stressful conditions with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated conflict resolution, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Physical ability to carry out the duty of the position
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Knowledge of Meditech is an asset
- Good attendance and work performance record
- Must support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in this organization
- Bilingualism (Advanced level English/French) is an asset
- Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check:recent within three (6) months is a requirement
$32.43 - $43.46 per hour
Interested candidates are asked to submit your resume and cover letter with a copy of this job posting with completed qualification checked off ✔ beside each qualification you hold.
Please quote File OPSEU MH-20-106 to:
50 College Drive
P.O. Box 2500
North Bay, ON P1B 5A4
Fax: (705) 495-7977
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest.
An acknowledgement will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed.
North Bay Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
50 College Dr, North Bay ON P1B 5A4