Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre
Reporting to the Charge Technologist, the Ultrasound Technologist performs medical imaging procedures to aid in
patient diagnosis or treatment within the regulatory standards of practice. Assists the Radiologist during diagnostic
procedures. Assesses the patient's condition prior to, during and after procedures, recognizing the conditions
requiring immediate attention and initiating a response. Documents procedures and maintains accurate records.
Observes and understands hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Maintains and protects patient
confidentiality and safety. Performs other duties related to the job classification, as required.
* Registered with the ARDMS or Sonography Canada in general sonography
* Must have graduated from a recognized college program in general diagnostic medical sonography
* A minimum of 1 year experience and additional training in vascular & carotid studies will be given preference
* Vascular Credentials would be an asset
* Eligibility for registration with CMRTO (College of Medical Radiation Technologist of Ontario) will be considered
Manager, Diagnostic Imaging
980 Oliver Road