Ultrasound Technologist- Part Time
Norforlk General Hospital
Located in Simcoe, Ontario, Norfolk General Hospital provides exceptional healthcare to a municipality of approximately 69,000 people. Our area of focus provides a continuum of service throughout the life span of the people we serve including Emergency, Critical Care, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Medicine, Surgery, and Complex Continuing Care. Employing approximately 550 highly skilled and dedicated employees, Norfolk General Hospital continues to be a full service 106-bed hospital with round the clock on-call coverage of Specialists in Surgery, Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, and Obstetrics, as well as on-site 24 hour per day medical coverage.Simcoe is less than one hour away from most major centers, including Hamilton and London, and only 90 minutes from the Greater Toronto Area. Situated in Norfolk County (Ontario’s South Coast), Simcoe is not far from Lake Erie and the 88 miles of shoreline that includes long stretches of sandy beach.
Norfolk General Hospital is seeking an Ultrasound Technologist. The ideal candidate would be dedicated to patient care and committed to championing the Hospital’s Mission to relieve illness and suffering, and help people live healthier lives and will be responsible for the following;
• Prepares patients and collect/confirm appropriate clinical information pertaining to the exam
• Performs all ultrasound examinations and optimizes equipment/protocols to ensure high quality images
• Records all findings on the technologist worksheet and scans it into the patient record
• Notifies Radiologist of gross abnormal scans which may require immediate medical intervention
• Is aware of and follows all departmental and hospital policies and procedures
• Troubleshoots technical problems to assist service person and expedite service/repair
• Knowledge of GE PACS preferred
• Adheres to all health and safety policies, procedures and provisions and the recognition and reporting of unsafe hazards and work practices
• Successful completion of an accredited ultrasound training program
• Current registration in good standing with ARDMS and/or Sonography Canada
• Registration in good standing with the CMRTO is mandatory
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certificate
• Computer skills and experience with hospital computer systems and PACS
• Certification in Echocardiography is an asset
• Personal attributes- self-starter who has the ability to prioritize effectively in a busy work environment. Able to work independently and as part of a team. Cooperate and coordinate with other hospital departments, services and staff to provide quality patient care
• Excellent attendance record
May include days, evenings, weekends/holidays and call back as required
A $5,000 Cdn signing bonus is being offered.
Interested applicants must submit a current cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department by e-mailing email@example.com, referring to a posting number above.
This posting will remain until filled.
365 West Street
Job Posting Link