X-Ray / Ultrasound Technologist
Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital
RLMCMH is an 18 bed facility located in beautiful, rural Northwestern Ontario. We offer 24 hour emergency care, acute & chronic care, obstetrics, diagnostic services, rehabilitation, and a variety of day clinics. The X-Ray / Ultrasound Technologist position is a temporary, full-time position to provide maternity coverage for a period of 12 months. This is a Monday – Friday position with some on-call coverage required. The Diagnostic Imaging Department services both outpatients and emergency patients. The community of Red Lake is home to approximately 5000 residents. The primary industries include mining, tourism, and forestry. The town is approximately a 3 hour drive from Kenora and a five hour drive from Winnipeg. Red Lake can be accessed by road or by air. Accommodations available for rent, through the Hospital. Please enquire. An ultrasound designation is essential for this role. Those without the x-ray qualification, however, will still be considered.
1. To provide Diagnostic Services as outlined in the position description.
2. To ensure patient care is provided in accordance with the College of Medical Radiation Technologist of Ontario Standards of Practice for Registered Technologies and the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Diagnostic Imaging Department.
3. To participate in professional development activities aimed at maintaining or improving knowledge and skills to meet the changing requirement of patient care.
4. To participate in standby and on-call rotation for evenings and weekends.
1. Registered or eligible for registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologist of Ontario.
2. Registered or eligible for registration with the American Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer certificate (ARDMS).
3. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, as defined by the physical demands analysis in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
4. Maintain active registry status by obtaining the required 30 hour CME credits each triennium.
This position is a 12 month, contract position. Available immediately. An ultrasound designation is essential for this role. Those without the x-ray qualification, however, will still be considered.
51 Hwy 105