With 20,000 square feet of simulation space, the Centre for the Advancement of Simulation and Education (CASE) is one of the largest simulation-based learning centres in Canada and will serve our larger community as an innovative space where interprofessional, simulation-based learning and evaluation can occur. Our expertise in curriculum design and delivery makes our centre the perfect partner in your organization’s learning and education plans. Address complex team training or high-stakes assessment of clinical skills at CASE.
Our expertise in curriculum design and delivery make our centre the perfect partner in your organization’s learning and education plans. Please contact us to book CASE for your next simulation event!
Roseli Melo – Simulation Operations Coordinator
(416) 596-3101 ext. 3172
Jordan Holmes – Interim Director, Centre for Learning, Innovation and Simulation
(416) 596-3101 ext. 3391
CASE features multiple large simulation suites, as well as 24 clinical exam rooms for testing and assessment.
- Clinical exam rooms, located on the 3rd floor, have front hallway access for candidates and rear hallway access for examiners
- All rooms offer built-in recording equipment configured to the CAE LearningSpace® web-based recording and debriefing system
- Video recordings can be easily exported from the system
- Examiner corridors behind clinical exam rooms have one-way glass and control panels for viewing and monitoring
- Suites are acoustically separated and have restricted access to ensure examination integrity
- Fully customizable overhead announcement system
- Separate rooms to accommodate standardized patients, examiners, candidates, administration and AV personnel
- Multifunctional reception area
The 4th floor provides a variety of simulation facilities and environments to enable to education and assessment of health professions using collaborative patient-centered practice scenarios. They include:
- Simulation studios: flexible spaces that can be set up to simulate patient room, triage unit, operating room, etc.
- Fully integrated recording equipment configured to the CAE LearningSpace® recording and debriefing system
- Staging studio: rooms with sliding partitions to double, triple or quadruple size and allow for multiple scenarios
- Control rooms
- Elevated and feature one-way glass for scenario monitoring
- Two-way communication between control rooms and simulation rooms
- Infrastructure available to control mannequins and AV recording
- Debrief, multi-purpose and breakout rooms with:
- Infrastructure to support viewing and debriefing previously recorded AV via CAE LearningSpace®
- Projector, motorized screen, cameras