The Student Success Network (SSN) is here to help you through your time at Michener, and especially during these stressful times. Our services include accommodations and accessibility, coaching and counselling, peer tutoring, learning supports, student health insurance, test centre, graduate job postings and Michener’s Career Fair. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with these services that are in place for you.
- Please visit SSN intranet page for additional COVID-19 related resources and staff directory.
- COVID-19 resources specific to Indigenous People, LGBTQ2S, Black Communities, Women Experiencing Violence and People Living with Disabilities.
In the interest of safety for students and staff, the Registrar’s Office is continuing to deliver services remotely. This includes:
- Registration (Adds, Drops and Continuing Education)
- Fee Payment
- Transcripts, Credentials and Confirmation of Enrolment/Program Completion
- Financial Aid – including OSAP, Scholarship & Awards, General Bursaries
For your convenience, forms and services are described here:
Contact us by email and we will respond within one day. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To drop material off for the Registrar’s Office, use the drop box outside Room 500 or drop items at Reception in the lobby indicating it is for the Registrar’s Office.
Current students with questions about their courses should contact their Program Communications Liaison (PCL).
All Michener courses have an online presence in our Learning Management System, Blackboard Learn. Using Blackboard, instructors can post their Learning Plans (including documents, presentations, animations and short streaming video clips) to enhance the delivery of their course and enable student learning. Backboard supports seamless communication between students and between instructors and students through the use of discussion boards, e-mail, synchronous chat and Virtual Classroom tools, blogs, wikis, journals and more! Student performance can be evaluated using Blackboard’s many Assessment tools, including tests, quizzes and assignments.
Blackboard Collaborate is a web conferencing/webinar platform designed for use in online teaching. Instructors create virtual classroom and online meeting spaces to share presentation material and communicate with you and the other participants via synchronous audio, video and chat tools
The following links provide BlackBoard support:
- Our Library Home Page
- This is the home base for all our resources
- Our discovery layer can be used to find our print and digital resources
- Feel free to follow us on our Facebook page too!
- Program resource guides – Customized resources for each of your programs, curated by students from that program.
- Our Online Databases
- LRC services is the area to find links to PubMed, Cochrane and other databases
- You can also find AnatomyTV here, essential for anyone in an anatomy class!
- Referencing and Writing Help – Everyone needs a hand remembering how to cite APA, you can find our guides on how to cite and write better here!
- Textbook List – This is where you can find the list of textbooks for your program
- Local GTA information
- Coronavirus and Mental Health: Taking care of ourselves during infections disease outbreaks (American Psychiatric Association)
- Social distancing & mental health (American Psychological Association)
- Managing Stress and Anxiety Related to COVID-19 (Emergency Medicine group in Ottawa)
- Resources for Children CHEO
- Mental Health and the COVID-19 Pandemic CAMH