Call for Proposals for Virtual Posters and Podium Presentations
We invite prospective presenters to contribute and help shape the Wavelengths conference and medical imaging professions through their proposal submissions. You may submit proposals for Virtual Posters or Virtual Podium Presentations that may be at early or advanced stages of development for Wavelengths 2021. Submission themes include, but are not limited to, professional practice innovation, education, quality improvement, primary/clinical imaging research, and patient care.
Submissions will be welcomed starting December 2020
Submission deadline: February 19, 2021
Notification of Acceptance: March 5, 2021
Themes: (1) Practice Innovation, (2) Education, (3) Quality improvement, (4) Primary/clinical research, (5) Patient care
Formats: Virtual Poster or Virtual Podium Presentations
VIRTUAL POSTER SESSION
Saturday, April 24th 2021 (see agenda for time)
This session allows colleagues to gather around virtual displays for extended dialogue regarding novel and promising ideas and research. Posters will be accessible throughout the duration of the conference, with a dedicated interactive session on April 24th.
Virtual Poster Technical Requirements
- The Virtual Poster must be one page. Additional pages will not be accepted.
- The virtual poster should be equivalent to a traditional printed poster, with a maximum width of 48 inches (130 cm); and a maximum height of 36 inches (100 cm).
- The file size may not exceed 25MB
- All files must be saved and submitted as a PDF. The virtual poster software does not recognize any other file formats.
Virtual Poster Design Recommendations
- Font size: 28pt or larger.
- Recommend fonts: Georgia, Times New Roman, Helvetica, or Arial. It’s possible that other fonts may have cross-operating system display issues. Letters should be easily read (avoid Old English and other “fancy” fonts).
- Avoid background images and watermarks that may detract from the read-ability of your poster.
Important Information to Include on Your Poster
Title and Author Information:
- Author, Affiliation, City, Country (repeat for each author)
- University/Affiliate Logos
- Introduction/Short Description
- Abstract/Long Description
- Research Question/Hypothesis
VIRTUAL PODIUM PRESENTATIONS
April 24th, 2021 (see agenda for times)
Virtual podium presentations may include research in practice, research in progress, or completed research. Descriptions of innovations in education, quality improvement, and patient care are also suitable for this format.
You will have 10 minutes for the presentation and 5 minutes for questions and discussion. It is important that you do not exceed a total of 15 minutes.
All submissions should be limited to a maximum of 500 words. For virtual podium presentations, a 200 word background/bio should also be submitted for each presenter.
Virtual Posters and Virtual Podium Presentations
- Practice/Education Innovations, Quality Improvement/Patient Care Projects: Submissions that describe the development or implementation of new processes, techniques, education initiatives, or the performance of quality improvement projects. These can be innovations that impact daily practice, medical imaging professions, students, or patients. They often describe work that does not follow typical research methods. Please use the following headings in your abstract submission:
- Benefits & Challenges
- Academic Research: Submissions that report on prospective and retrospective studies using more formal academic research approaches. They often describe a systematic investigation designed to answer a question, and/or test a hypothesis with conclusions that are supported by the results.
Please use the following headings in your abstract submission: