August 1, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Web Marketing Specialist position with The Michener Institute.
WEB MARKETING SPECIALIST – Permanent, Full Time
The Web Marketing Specialist will play a key role in helping raise the profile and awareness of The Michener Institute of Education at UHN to our core demographic by developing, implementing and coordinating digital marketing activities to attract new full-time and continuing education students. Working within the Communications and Marketing team but serving a mix of internal clients, the Web Marketing Specialist will manage and create digital campaigns and content to enhance Michener’s online and mobile presence.
- Planning and launching online promotion campaigns through Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other channels to increase awareness and attract qualified applicants
- Managing and tracking SEO, paid search and social campaigns
- Following user engagement on our website and continuing the path to conversion
- Tracking website activity to ensure business goals are achieved
- Advising the Communication and Marketing team on online and mobile opportunities suitable for our audience, and taking the initiative to coordinate new projects
- Creating content for the website and online ads
- Using demographic data to inform campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism or a similar discipline
- 3 – 5 years professional experience in managing content for websites
- Experience working with editorial and marketing calendars and communications plans
- Knowledge of best practice in web-based marketing communications, including web usability, accessibility, optimization and user experience
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to collaborate with technical professionals and understand web technical requirements
- Experience with mobile, online and social media tools, including PPC advertising (Google AdWords), social media advertising (Facebook and Instagram), SEO, user analytics (Google Analytics), blogs and email campaigns
- Experience designing digital graphics
- Experience with WordPress
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of AODA and CASL requirements
- Prior experience in higher education development, media relations, public relations or communications
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate plans, manage deadlines and handle multiple projects
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with a strong customer/student focus
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting 18-20FT to:
The Michener Institute of Education at UHN
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.