Michael Garron Hospital
Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
825 Coxwell Ave, East York, Ontario M4C 3E7
Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario's leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Join our team as a full-time Anaesthesia Assistant.
The Anaesthesia Assistant is responsible and accountable to the Manager, Interprofessional Practice for the provision of advanced respiratory care as established by the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario and the standards of respiratory care of this hospital. As an advanced practitioner the Anesthesia Assistant provides clinical and technical assistance in the care of the stable surgical patient during general, regional or local anesthesia.
The Anaesthesia Assistant provides constant assessment and evaluative monitoring of the depth of anesthesia under the direct supervision of the Anesthesiologist and with the use of medical directives, as applicable. The Anesthesia Assistant is also an integral member of the Allied Health team to which there are accountabilities for professional practice, education and research.
- Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program, or recognized equivalent.
- Current license with the College of Respiratory Therapy of Ontario.
- Completion of accredited Anesthesia Assistant Advanced Program.
- Certified in BCLS and ACLS required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Critical Care setting.
- Minimum 2 years recent Operating Room experience preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an Anesthesia Assistant role preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the following skills:
- Airway Management / Intubation / LMA insertion
- Management of difficult airways, using adjunctive devices and specialty devices
- Peripheral IV insertion
- Arterial Line insertion
- Opthamology conscious sedation
- Regional blocks
- Management and troubleshooting of various types of anaesthesia gas machines
- Point of care testing
- Demonstrated ability to respond to expected, urgent and emergent events.
- Excellent organizational, communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with interdisciplinary team to plan, deliver and evaluate care.
- Participate in teaching and presentation of in-service programs as required.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team in planning, delivering and evaluating service delivery through participation on committees and initiatives.
- Participate in trials, evaluations, and research projects as required
- Experience with cell salvage an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- Maintains records and workload statistics.
- Maintain a healthy and safe work environment.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) (formerly Toronto East General Hospital) agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please visit our Careers page at www.tehn.ca > Careers > Career Opportunities to apply to the role
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart
Talent Acquisitions Specialist