The Ottawa Hospital
Who You Are:
You are an Anesthesia Assistant with a passion for people and a desire to make a difference. The work that you do at The Ottawa Hospital matters because you are key player on a team who is committed to providing each patient with an exceptional experience by demonstrating compassion, respect for all, a collaborative spirit and a commitment to quality.
Do you have the skills and experience listed below?
• Diploma from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program;
• Graduated from a post graduate Anesthesia Assistant course;
• Current and general certificate of registration or eligibility for general certification with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (C.R.T.O.) without limitations
• Certified in ACLS;
• Knowledge of anesthesia technologies, basic hemodynamic principles, and general knowledge of anesthesia equipment;
• Sound judgement and problem-solving abilities;
• Knowledge of the Regulated Health Professions Act and other related professional acts;
• Knowledge of hospital/OR processes, policies and procedures;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Superior written and verbal communication skills;
• Must be eligible to work in Canada.
You’ll stand out if you have…
• Membership in Respiratory Therapy Professional Association(s);
• Membership with the Canadian Anesthesiologists' Society (CAS) Anesthesia Assistant subcommittee;
• Membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists AA subcommittee (CSRT);
• Two (2) years of multi-service operating room experience within the last two (2) years in the role of anesthesia assistant.