Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Bayview and Holland Campus
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Regular Full-Time Anesthesia Assistant in our Operating Room & Related Services department in Toronto, ON. The Anesthesia Assistant (AA) is a specially trained healthcare professional, who functions as an assistant and clinical extender to the Anesthesiologist.
• Participate in the anesthetic care of surgical patients undergoing general, regional, and local anesthesia.
• Under the direction and supervision of the responsible Anesthesiologist, perform assessments, monitor, and initiate interventions required to maintain anesthesia, hemodynamic stability and hemostasis
• Provide Anesthesia Assistant support to all Operating Room and related services all campuses where anesthesia may be involved (Bayview, Holland Centre, St. John’s Rehab) including PACU, Block Room, Cath Lab, Interventional Radiology, Labour and Delivery Unit, etc.
• Perform clinical and technical duties in accordance to professional standards, hospital policies, medical directives and physician orders
• Graduate from an Ontario-accredited Anesthesia Assistant educational program
• Member in good standing with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO) and/or College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
• Certified Clinical Anesthesia Assistant (CCAA) credentials or currently in progress of obtaining CCAA Certificate.
• Previous experience as an AA is preferred
• Minimum 2 years of critical care experience in the last 5 years, operating room experience preferred
• Current certification in ACLS, arterial line insertion, IV insertion, hemodynamic monitoring and intubation.
• Experience with blood recovery and sequestration systems
• Experience with advanced airway management, including fiberoptic intubations and other difficult airway adjuncts
• Capable of teaching and mentoring students/new hires in the OR setting/satellite areas.
• Excellent clinical and technical abilities
• Demonstrate a high level of maturity, independence, and self-motivation
• Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to function effectively in a multi-disciplinary team setting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Weekdays: Days, Evenings, Nights; 8hrs; As per schedule / Weekends: Days, Evenings, Nights; 8hrs; As per schedule / On-Call Required. Statutory Holidays Required.
Human Resources Recruitment Assistant
2075 Bayview Ave.
416 480 6100 ext 7685
Job Posting Link