Lakeridge Health is a health system and hospital network serving Durham Region, Ontario in the eastern part of the Greater Toronto Area.
Ajax-Pickering and Oshawa sites
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the Anesthesia Assistant you will function as an integral part of the Surgical Program, working in collaboration with the multidisciplinary health care team, including the Anesthesiologist. You will provide a high level of anesthesia and critical care support to the patient often including the pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative phase of the patient's stay.
The Anesthesia Assistant provides direct patient care by administering pharmacological agents (by inhalation or injection) under the direct supervision of the Anesthesiologist or as per medical directive. You will support the Anesthesiologist by assisting with basic and advanced patient procedures including patient monitoring.
* Must have completed a recognized Anesthesia Assistant Graduate Certificate;
* General Certificate of Registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (C.R.T.O.) or the College of Nurses of Ontario (C.N.O.);
* Previous experience in critical care or the operating room as a respiratory therapist or registered nurse;
* Two years of recent experience in the operating room in the anesthesia assistant role;
* Current BCLS, ACLS and NRP certification;
* Knowledge of current anesthesiology principles and practices, as well as agents, equipment, procedures, and techniques for the provision of anesthesia to patients;
* Proven experience maintaining patient charts;
* Capable of making critical decisions, with or without the collaboration of an Anesthesiologist and function with confidence in emergencies;
* Excellent communication, facilitation and leadership skills;
* Exceptional time management and organizational skills;
* Must have satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-services in this area; and;
* Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard;
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and OPSEU Local 348.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) . Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.
Lakeridge Health is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to preventing the transmission of COVID 19 infections among Lakeridge Health team members and our patients. New Lakeridge Health team members will be required to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 during their Post-offer/Pre-employment Health Assessment, subject to any exemptions recognized under the Ontario Human Rights code.
$40.46 - $49.34 per hour
Talent Acquisition Assistant
905 576 8711 ext. 32374
Job Posting Link