Humber River Health
Humber River Health. Lighting New Ways In Healthcare.Since opening our doors in 2015 as North America’s first fully digital hospital, we remain unwavering in our belief that we can change the hospital where we work, the community where we live, and the world of healthcare beyond our borders. Serving a community of 850,000 residents in North West Toronto, Equity Inclusivity and active participation in the North West Toronto Ontario Health Team are key initiatives important to our Team. At Humber River Health, we use a custom combination of technology and clinical expertise to rebuild elements of care. We make technology work for staff and physicians; giving them more time to spend with patients, to eliminate inefficiencies, and to reduce the chance of errors. Humber River Health is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University and committed to becoming a community academic hospital. Clinical Excellence, Optimizing Care through Technology and Community Connection frame our Research Strategy. At Humber River Health, we’re not hoping for a renaissance, we are making it happen. As part of our dynamic team, you can lead the way, as we continue our journey towards high reliability care!Join our team of Anesthesia Assistants as we work together to deliver compassionate care that is responsive to the healthcare needs of our community.At Humber River Health, we continue to advance the important role we play as we advocate for healthcare initiatives in the diverse community we serve. The Anesthesia Assistant will work within the Surgical Program to provide technical and clinical support to our patients and the surgical team.Are you a compassionate Anesthesia Assistant who is focused on delivering high-quality, safe-care? If yes, we invite you to read the details below then apply.Why choose Humber River Health?At Humber River Health, our staff, physicians, and volunteers are lighting new ways in healthcare. We are proud to be recognized as a part of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc. We support employees by providing evidence-based leadership and cultivating a culture that consistently wows as a Huron Consulting hospital. We are a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network (TAHSN) and are deeply involved in research and academic collaboration. We are dedicated to high-quality patient care and demonstrate our values of compassion, professionalism, and respect.Attracting and retaining a workforce that represents the diverse communities surrounding Humber River Health, is a priority. We encourage applicants from all equity-deserving groups, including but not limited to, individuals who identity as Indigenous, racialized, seniors, persons living with disabilities, women, and those who identify as 2SLGBTQ.Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process as well as during employment at Humber River Health. Please direct any accommodation requests to our recruitment team.Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Health, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
1235 Wilson Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Practices in accordance with the standards of practice and guidelines as outlined by the Canadian Anesthesiologists Society of Canada (CAS)
- Works within a client and family centered care model and the vision and values of Humber River Health.
- Provides technical support and clinical assistance with induction, maintenance and recovery phases of anesthesia by working both under the direct clinical supervision of the Anesthesiologist and as a member of an integrated surgical team.
- Assists the Anaesthesiologist in developing and implementing the anesthesia care plan.
- Monitors physiological responses of patients to the induction of anesthesia during surgery of anesthetic peripheral and neuraxial blocks before surgery.
- Ensures effective and safe patient care by demonstrating continuous improvement, education and best practices.
- Graduate from a recognized Anesthesia Assistant Program required
- Member in good standing the College of Respiratory Therapists required
- Undergraduate degree in a health-related field required, Masters preferred.
- Current certification for RRT required
- Current certification in BCLS and ACLS required
- Comprehensive knowledge of current anesthesia assistant practice required
- 1-2 years current Operating Room experience as Anesthesia Assistant required, including but not limited to:
o working within a client and family centered care model
o providing technical support and clinical assistance with induction, maintenance and recovery phases of anesthesia by working both under the direct clinical supervision of the Anesthesiologist and as a member of an integrated surgical team
o assisting the Anaesthesiologist in developing and implementing the anesthesia care plan
o monitoring physiological responses of patients to the induction of anesthesia during surgery of anesthetic peripheral and neuraxial blocks before surgery
o peripheral intravenous line insertion
o arterial line insertion
o intubation and laryngeal mask insertion
o point of care testing
o pre-anesthetic preparation, induction, maintenance, and alteration of anesthesia, administration of adjunctive treatment, emergence and continuity of care into and during the postoperative period (PACU)
o ensuring effective and safe patient care by demonstrating continuous improvement, education and best practices
- Paediatric experience preferred
- PALS preferred
- Demonstrated ability to:
o execute peripheral intravenous line insertion; arterial line insertion, intubation and laryngeal mask insertion, point of care testing
o work within a patient/family-centered model of care
o plan and implement plans of care in partnership with the patients, families and supervising Anaesthesiologist
o execute safe and appropriate pre- anesthetic preparation, induction, maintenance, and alteration of anesthesia, administration of adjunctive treatment, emergence and continuity of care into and during the postoperative period(PACU)
o provide block area assistance, monitoring and initiate appropriate intervention if complications arise
o understand, test, calibrate and operate anesthesia equipment, including gas machines, endoscopes, Hemocue ,rapid infuser, pain pumps and others according to patient need
o manage the anesthesia environment before a patient enters the room including checking and ensuring all needed equipment is present and working
o work with and manage all equipment and supplies related to anesthesia and the adjunct care
o respond appropriately to expected, urgent and emergent events
o work independently and in collaboration with the entire Perioperative Team
o prioritize workload and all aspects of patient care
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated advanced ability to assess patient responses to care during anesthesia
- Demonstrated excellent and effective communication skills using all modalities. Able to speak effectively with patients, families, colleagues, physicians, other allied staff.
- Demonstrated excellent team membership. Participates in and leads education sessions for staff, colleagues and other allied health workers.
8 hour shifts between 0630 and 2000
$44.67 - $53.41
Humber River Health
Talent Acquisition Assistant
1235 Wilson Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
416 242 1000
Job Posting Link