Central Community Health Centre
Are you interested in working in an organization where the team and professional standards are highly valued, where quality of care and the quality of employee working life is respected; an environment where diversity among staff and volunteers enriches the organization and enhances service to clients? Central Community Health Centre (CCHC) is a non-profit, charitable, community governed organization. Our interprofessional team provides primary health care, health promotion and prevention programs and services to residents of Central Elgin, St. Thomas and Southwold Township. MISSION: To support clients and communities through advocacy and action to achieve their goals for health and wellbeingVISION: Resilient communities, where every one has equitable access to quality care for their health and wellbeing VALUES: Grounded in a community development approach, we are committed to: Equity, Excellence, Accountability, Creativity and Collaboration
Summary of Position:
• Working within an inter-professional team, the Chiropodist performs, assessment,
diagnosis, treatment, health education, counseling, and other clinical foot care
activities according to the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
• Will take his/her turn working in the CCHC’s Mobile Clinic.
• Ensures chiropody resources, materials and equipment are maintained
• Contributes to chart documentation, participates in chart reviews and case
conferences, and makes referrals where appropriate
• Participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of
treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs for individuals,
families, and the community
• Other duties as assigned
• Participates in staff development and team meetings as requested.
• Graduate from a recognized school of chiropody
• Current registration with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario without limitations
• Experience as a chiropodist in a community health or hospital setting valuable
• Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation an
• Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including
software used by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Able to respond in a positive way to demanding issues and project a welcoming,
• Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence an asset
22.5hours per week
please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CCHC is committed to fulfilling its obligation to employees in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Human Rights Act of Canada, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Employment Standards Act of Ontario.
Central Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity among our staff and volunteers enriches our organization and enhances service to our clients.
Thank you to all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e., perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.
COVID 19 is an ongoing concern. All staff, contractors, students and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (which includes all recommended doses and boosters), subject to human rights exemptions. If onsite, all individuals must complete a self assessment using the following link https://covid-19.ontario.ca/screening/worker/ and email results to email@example.com
359 Talbot Street