Community Healthcaring Kitchener-Waterloo
The Health Centre provides a broad range of services aimed at improving the health of individuals and the wider community. Our services include medical and dental care, health promotion, illness prevention and outreach programming. Our expertise and resources are focused on working with those who experience health inequities and barriers to accessing health services. Collaborating as an interdisciplinary team, we provide services and supports that address the social determinants of health including factors and barriers such as poverty, inadequate housing, food insecurity, substance use, language and culture, as well as stigma and social exclusion. The Health Centre works with the most complex client population served by primary health care professionals within Waterloo Region. Our highly skilled and diverse team works from a strength-based approach with individual clients as well as the broader community. We collaborate with many partner agencies and organizations within Waterloo Region. Our team consists of Family Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Social Workers, Dietitians, Chiropodists, Pharmacists, Psychiatrists, Health Promoters, Community Health Workers, Administrative Staff and Volunteers.
44 Francis St S, Kitchener ON
The Chiropodist provides specialized primary foot care services and participates in the development, delivery and evaluation of foot care related programs and services for individuals, families and the community. The Chiropodist works collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
1. Perform assessment, management, prevention, health education/counselling and other primary clinical foot care activities to the full scope of Chiropody practice and according to the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
2. Prescribe, produce and fit footcare aids as needed.
3. Make referrals to internal and external services and advocate on behalf of clients as appropriate.
4. Complete Electronic Medical Record chart documentation requirements in accordance with both the College guidelines and Health Centre policies (Maintain accurate and up-to-date clinical notes in accordance with College guidelines and policy).
5. Ensure efficient and effective operation of Chiropody service through regular ordering of supplies and instruments/equipment while maintaining an updated inventory as per Health Centre procedures.
6. Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health promotion/disease prevention programs for individuals and client populations as determined by the Health Centre.
7. Develop and monitor operating budgets for assigned projects/programs and ensure expenditures remain within budget.
8. As a Student Supervisor, provide orientation, ongoing support, coaching and monitoring to meet the requirements of the Health Centre and of the educational institution.
9. As a Volunteer Supervisor, provide support, training, monitoring and on-going communication as needed for the volunteer to successfully fulfill their position description.
10. Work during both regular and extended hours (evenings/weekends) and in Outreach locations within Kitchener as determined by the Health Centre. A minimum of one evening per week will be required.
11. Participate in team and staff meetings and other meetings and committee work as appropriate to support both service delivery and organizational goals.
12. Work from a Social Determinants of Health perspective to improve health outcomes for individual clients and/or for the development of community health and well-being, and to reduce health inequities.
13. Work individually and collaboratively in the development and implementation of quality improvement initiatives and activities.
14. Work in a manner that preserves privacy and confidentiality.
15. Work in a manner that ensures client safety and minimizes risk to clients, volunteers and the Health Centre.
16. Work in a manner consistent with the Health Centre’s Vision, Mission and Values.
17. Work in a manner consistent with the Health Centre’s policy and commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in all processes and practices.
18. Work in a manner that demonstrates self-reflection and personal accountability for work performance.
19. Contribute to the Health Centre’s practices of hiring, orienting and training of staff.
20. Collect, analyze and report on data and relevant information as required.
21. Participate in research as determined by the Health Centre.
22. Adhere to all Health Centre policies.
23. Adhere to appropriate infection control practices including those related to Covid -19.
24. Maintain status of fully vaccinated for Covid-19, including boosters as they become available or exemption documentation if appropriate.
25. Perform any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
1. Diploma from an accredited Institution of Chiropody.
2. Registered member in good standing with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
3. Three years Chiropody experience, preferably in a community-based setting.
4. Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally. Second language is an asset.
6. Ability to work independently as well as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team.
7. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
8. Experience working sensitively with culturally and economically diverse populations.
9. Experience working with clients with Diabetes is considered an asset.
10. Current and ongoing CPR certification.
11. Competency in MS Office Suite programs
12. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
13. Ability to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the Health Centre.
14. The Health Centre requires that all staff be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 at the time of hire and maintain vaccination ongoing as boosters become available. Official proof of Covid-19 vaccination status is a mandatory requirement unless an exemption document is provided.
37.5 hours per week
$31.61 to $38.08 per hour
Kelly Van Heugten
Kelly Van Heugten
Manager, Primary Care
44 Francis St S, Kitchener, ON N2G 2A2
519-745-4404 ext 222
Job Posting Link