LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology
We are 11 Centres of Excellence in Diabetes & Endocrinology, in 3 provinces (Quebec, Alberta and Ontario).We’re very proud to be a Certified Best Workplace™.LMC seeks dynamic individuals who embrace learning and innovation opportunities and those who contribute to great visioning.LMC provides four industry-leading programs:- Practice Program - Specialist healthcare (publicly-funded) - representing the largest non-academic group of -Endocrinologists globally- Diabetes Education Program – Canada’s largest - nationally-accredited- Clinical Research Program - Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations- Allied Services- Pharmacy, Chiropody, and Optometry (Coming Soon) Why LMC might be right for you!- 2016 Certified Best Workplace™- 2014 and 2015 Canada’s Best Workplaces™- Fantastic culture based on learning and growth- Christmas to New Year’s off; Summer Long Weekends- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment- LMC is committed to meet the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner. These accommodations will be available upon request. We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Currently, our growing team is looking for a Chiropodist to join us at our LMC Ottawa clinic.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with an inter-professional team including Endocrinologists, Nurses, diabetes Educators, Pharmacists, etc.
- Full scope of practice Chiropody according to the standards of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
- Providing patient care including and not limited to nail and callous care, wart treatments, treating chronic and acute wounds, performing soft tissue surgeries, bio-mechanical and gait analysis for offloading purposes.
- Ensuring treatment rooms and equipment are all well maintained
- Providing foot education to patients and other local professionals
We’d love to see:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Expertise in providing care to individuals with diabetes
- Proficiency in use of computers
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Graduate Diploma from a recognized school of Chiropody with professional certification (D.Ch. or D.Pod.M.)
- Member in good standings with College of Chiropodists without limitations
Registered Chiropodist, Director