Unity Health Toronto - Providence Healthcare site
On August 1, 2017, Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph's Health Centre and St. Michael's Hospital integrated to form a new health network known as Unity Health Toronto. United, the three organizations serve patients, residents and clients across the full spectrum of care while investing in world-class research and education. Unity Health Toronto works to advance the health of everyone in their urban communities and beyond. The health network provides services spanning primary care, secondary community care, tertiary and quaternary care services to post-acute through rehabilitation, palliative care and long-term care. The Providence Healthcare site is embarking on a journey to become a centre of excellence in rehabilitation science and healthy living to provide the best possible care for the patients we serve.
The Chiropodist, as an Independent Contractor, provides primary foot care services and participates in the development, delivery and evaluation of foot care related programs for inpatients and patients in the community. The Chiropodist works collaboratively as a member of the Providence clinics team.
8:00am to 4:00pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday’s, with the potential of expanding along with the growth of our Ambulatory Clinics.
• Perform assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counselling and other primary clinical foot care activities to the full scope of Chiropody practice and according to the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
• Offer treatment for the relief of painful symptoms of dermatological and other foot-related problems, including hard skin, corns and calluses, verrucae (warts), in-growing nails, fungal infections and bunions
• Prescribing, producing and fitting orthotics and other aids
• Make referrals to internal and external services and advocate on behalf of clients as appropriate
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date clinical notes in accordance with College guidelines and Unity Health Toronto policy
• Ensure efficient and effective operation of Chiropody service through regular ordering of supplies and updating of inventory as per Unity Health Toronto procedures
• Support both clinical and organizational goals
• Work in a client centred approach so as to assist in building the client’s or community’s own capacity to achieve health and well-being
• Maintain competence and license to practice as required
• Promote Unity Health Toronto and uphold it’s mission, values, vision and policies
• Work in a manner that preserves confidentiality and seeks to minimize risks to Unity Health Toronto Centre and clients
• Be responsible for ongoing professional and/or self-development and/or training in the field as required
The chiropodist is accountable for their own practice as an independent contractor.
• Diploma from an accredited Institution of Chiropody
• Registered member in good standing with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
• Three years Chiropody experience, preferably in a community-based setting
• Experience working effectively with culturally and economically diverse populations
• Ability to work independently as well as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills. Second language is an asset
• Proficiency in the use of computers and various software programs
Interested applicants are asked to apply by emailing their resume to: Sofia.DaSilva@UnityHealth.To
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. All internal candidates must be in compliance with Unity Health Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Sofia da Silva
Patient Care Manager