Halton Healthcare is an award winning healthcare organization comprised of three community hospitals and numerous community-based services in the growing urban and rural communities of Halton Hills, Milton, and Oakville. Reflecting the dynamic communities we serve, we take pride in offering some of the finest technology and healthcare expertise available in southwestern Ontario.Our hospitals - Georgetown Hospital, Milton District Hospital and Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital - are very much a part of Halton's rich history and have a long-standing tradition of providing quality care to many generations of area families. Together, we serve a population of almost 400,000 residents.
• Assess and treat foot conditions. Treatment consists of patient education, routine foot care, wound management, nail surgery, custom orthotics, compression stockings and provision of foot care products and orthopedic footwear.
• Function as a collaborative member of the department team which consists of Chiropodists, Registered Practical Nurses, Shoe Fitter and administrative team to provide a quality customer focused service and a successful revenue generating department.
• Providing community based foot care as required to retirement and long term care homes if necessary.
• Demonstrated competency in chosen profession; consistently demonstrate knowledge and expertise in professional practice and hospital-based standards
• Demonstrated patient and consumer focus; makes a commitment to meet or exceed the needs of all internal and external customers
• Demonstrated team player; interacts with co-workers, physicians, volunteers, patients and their families in a way that demonstrates that everyone involved in patient care is valuable
• Demonstrated strong communicator; listen for clarity and meaning, and to speak in an honest and straightforward manner to ensure mutual understanding in a conversation
• Demonstrated caring and respect; treats each and every coworker, patient or family member with understanding and kindness and hold in high regard and respond appropriately to the needs of self and others
• Demonstrated fiscal responsibility; to model a sound understanding of, and work within, the financial boundaries of Halton Healthcare funding
• Recognized diploma in Chiropody required
• Current registration with and member in good standing of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
• Experience in providing clinical care, particularly to the elderly
• Customer service experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven organizational and time management skills
• Proven ability to effectively interact within a multi-disciplinary team
• Sound problem solving skills
• Flexible to meet changing department/service needs
• Must have access to a vehicle and be willing to travel within Halton and surrounding areas if necessary
• Able to meet the physical demands of the position
• Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
3001 Hospital Gate