Chiropodist-New Graduates Welcome!
Are looking for an exciting opportunity with an already existing patient base to immediately generate income? One that helps you grow as a Chiropodist? Don’t wait for you OSCE to be completed, apply in advance!! We at LMC footcare are seeking a dynamic and skilled chiropodist to join our multi-disciplinary team of clinicians and support staff. We offer an existing full patient load through our well-developed internal and external patient referral system. Located within a drive time of one hour from the GTA, the LMC footcare team in Barrie is a nurturing team of professionals that will allow you to advance in your chiropodist career.About LMC healthcare: LMC Healthcare is Canada’s largest specialist care provider in diabetes, endocrinology & metabolism. With over 15 multi-disciplinary centres and 20 clinical research sites, we are transforming diabetes care by making it more accessible, comprehensive, and patient-centric than ever before. At LMC footcare, part of LMC healthcare, we are committed to providing care and treatment to all types of patients with simple to complex footcare concerns.Currently, our rapidly growing team is in need of a Chiropodist’s who can work for us on a contractual basis, supporting the LMC Barrie location.
• Full scope of practice for Chiropody according to the standards of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
• Providing patient care including and not limited to nail and callous care, wart treatments, treating chronic and acute wounds, performing soft tissue surgeries, biomechanical and gait analysis for offloading purposes.
• Collaborating with an inter-professional team including Endocrinologists, Nurses, Diabetes Educators, Pharmacists, etc.
• Ensuring treatment rooms and equipment are all well maintained
• Providing foot education to patients and other local professionals
• Networking with community physicians
More about the opportunity:
• Sufficient patient load to currently fill up to 3 or more clinical days
• 5 referring Endocrinologists onsite
• Full time Chiropody Assistant to support the Chiropodist with the Booking and billing of each patient
• Opportunity to advance in your career by access to research opportunities and well developed patients groups
• Assistance with clinical procedures- Cleaning and preparing room between patients
• Tool cleaning, packaging, sterilization and restock
• Extensive product knowledge training
• Internal and external marketing programs to continuously grow the patient base
• Direct Senior Operations Manager support
• Support from Chiropody, Medical Director
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Expertise in providing care to individuals with diabetes
• Proficiency in use of computers
• Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
• Ability to take initiative
• Willingness to work in a team environment
• Graduate Diploma from a recognized school of Chiropody with professional certification (D.Ch. or D.Pod.M.)
• Member in good standing with College of Chiropodists without limitations
Contracted position to be discussed at interview
LMC Healthcare values the health and well-being of our employees, clients and patients and as such we have instituted a COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination policy for all employees. All candidates attending interviews in-person or receiving job offers will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to entering our facilities. Accommodations will be provided for those who cannot be vaccinated for a reason protected by applicable provincial human rights legislation.
LMC Healthcare is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Director, Chiropody and Footcare
370 Bayview Dr Suite 110, Barrie, ON L4N 7L3