Chiropodist / Podiatrist
The Chiropodist / Podiatrist will be responsible for assessing and treating foot conditions in a clinical setting. The Chiropodist / Podiatrist is expected to provide foot care in a timely manner. The Chiropodist / Podiatrist is expected to contribute and create a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff and others, working in compliance with the standard of practice expected by the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
• Performs treatments, health education/counselling for diseases, disorders and dysfunctions of the foot and other clinical foot care activities according to the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
• The individual should be able to have full knowledge of the scope of the Podiatric Medicine: i.e.: being able to Rx drugs within the scope of practice, perform injectable, soft tissue surgeries within the scope, biomechanical and gait analysis, and work with patients of all ages
• Ensures chiropody areas, resources, materials and equipment are maintained;
• Demonstrates competency and professionalism; consistently demonstrates knowledge and expertise following the standards of practice expected by the College of Chiropodists of Ontario;
• Demonstrates strong written and communication skills; listens for clarity and meaning, and communicates in an honest manner to make sure there is mutual understanding between patient and practitioner.
Our Busy Foot Clinic in Caledon East is looking for a passionate and motivated Chiropodist / Podiatrist to join our team (new graduates welcome). The successful candidate will have excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills. They will hold a current practice license and in good standing with the College of Chiropodist of Ontario. This opportunity is starting as part-time and room for full time opportunity.