St. Joseph's Care Group (Thunder Bay, ON)
St. Joseph's Care Group (SJCG) is a Catholic organization that identifies and responds to the unmet needs of the people of Northwestern Ontario, as a way of continuing the healing mission of Jesus in the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Sault Ste. Marie.SJCG provides service in addictions & mental health, rehabilitative care, and seniors’ health and is known for living its values of Care, Compassion and Commitment.
This position involves assessment, health teaching and treatment of foot disorders for clients at St. Joseph's Hospital (0.8 FTE) and Regional Wound Program (0.2 FTE) including some travel to areas within LHIN 14.
- Diploma in Chiropody from the Michener Institute or an equivalent Canadian post-secondary program, or the podiatric equivalent from the U.S.A. or Britain
- Registered member in good standing (or eligibility for membership) with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the assessment, treatment and management of clients with foot disorders and foot problems
- Qualified in Local Anaesthesia and Soft Tissue Surgery
- Demonstrated ability to practice independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Valid Ontario Class G driver’s license, use of a vehicle and adequate insurance
- Demonstrated regular attendance at work
ABOUT THUNDER BAY
Nestled on the pristine shores of Lake Superior and surrounded by the beauty of nature, Thunder Bay, with a metropolitan population of 120,000, offers a perfect balance of urban and rural life. With world class sailing, boating, camping, hiking, and cycling in the summer months, and downhill and cross country skiing in the winter, Thunder Bay has something to offer healthy living enthusiasts throughout the year. Affordable housing, short commutes, and a vibrant, culturally diverse community with access to fine dining and the arts, make this community a wonderful place to live, work, and raise a family. Thunder Bay has excellent schools, including publicly funded French language, French immersion, and International Baccalaureate programs, as well as Confederation College and Lakehead University. Thunder Bay is home to the west campus of the Northern Ontario School of Medicine and the newest Law program in Ontario. Thunder Bay also offers innovative opportunities through the Thunder Bay Regional Research Institute. Please visit, www.gotothunderbay.ca to learn more about our community.
Coordinator, Recruitment & Retention
35 Algoma Street North
Job Posting Link