Welcome to Dynacare, your introduction to working for a company that’s committedto bring Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.Every day our employees impact the lives of tens of thousands of patients and healthcare providersacross Canada by delivering high-quality laboratory and health services. We also work with governments, hospitals, industry and other key stakeholders to benefit and improve Canada’s healthcare system.We are focused on supporting healthy lives with commitment and care. If you share this mission, you may have what it takes to join the Dynacare team.We invite you to learn more about working at Dynacare—a company that has been named one ofCanada’s top employers year after year.
Where YOU work, makes a difference.
Life is precious and every moment matters. Dynacare is helping Canadians achieve a healthy future with care and wellness solutions that are convenient, understandable, and accessible. When you join our team, every day is an opportunity to get better and be inspired. It’s an environment where you can grow your career in any direction you choose. We’re evolving our technology and optimizing our processes, so you can do your best work, make a meaningful impact, and thrive.
Are YOU our next Medical Laboratory Technologist?
We’re looking for a Cytotechnologist to join our Cytology team in Ottawa, Ontario. You will be responsible for delivering in a timely manner the highest level of clinical and scientific quality to everyone we serve with a variety of testing using the latest technology. Your contributions will make a difference – the results and reports you deliver will be provided to physicians and greatly impact the downstream solutions and treatment critical to saving someone’s life.
This is permanent, full-time position working Monday to Friday, Day shift (8:00am to 4:00pm or 9:00am to 5:00pm).
Internal job posting closes on December 10, 2023 at 5:00pm(EST).
Why Dynacare is an amazing place for YOU:
Join an award-winning "Top Employer" with meaningful and impactful career opportunities
Access a health and wellness benefits program that supports you and your loved ones
Grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company through internal mobility opportunities
Invest in your future through RRSP match benefits and an employee stock purchase program
Experience a collaborative, diverse workforce that prioritizes dignity and respect for all
How YOU will make a difference:
· Performing accurate and timely evaluation and interpretation of gynecological and non-gynecological slides by both conventional and liquid based preparation.
· Performing microscopic evaluation of the structural changes using specific criteria in normal and disease altered cells that are assessed for the purpose of cancer detection
· Opportunity to perform in all aspects of histology and immunohistochemistry including grossing specimens, embedding, microtomy, routine and special staining
· Opportunity to perform molecular testing
· Complying with all Dynacare policies and procedures
· Complying with safe work practices in accordance with company Health & Safety policies
· Other duties as required
What YOU bring to the role:
· CMLTO Registration as a practicing Medical Laboratory Technologist in good standing
· Diploma from an accredited school of Diagnostic Cytology
· Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook at an intermediate level.
· Proficient with computer applications
· Nice to have : Experience with Merlin an asset, Previous work experience in Cytology preferred
Talent Acquisition Specialist