Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
St. Michael's Hospital
St. Michael’s Hospital is a Catholic teaching and research hospital founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph in 1892 to care for the sick and poor of Toronto's inner city. Affectionately known as the Urban Angel, St. Michael’s is renowned for providing exceptional patient care. As downtown Toronto’s adult trauma centre, the hospital is a hub for neurosurgery, complex cardiac and cardiovascular care, diabetes and osteoporosis care, minimally invasive surgery and care of the homeless and disadvantaged. St. Michael’s is also one of the province’s major sites of care for critically ill patients.Fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, St. Michael’s provides outstanding medical education to health-care professionals in 29 academic disciplines. Home to the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, made up of the Keenan Research Centre and the Li Ka Shing International Healthcare Education Centre, the hospital is among the first in the world to bring together researchers, educators and clinicians to take best practices and research discoveries to patient bedsides faster.St. Michael’s Hospital with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre now operate under one corporate entity as of August 1, 2017. United, the three organizations serve patients, residents and clients across the full spectrum of care, spanning primary care, secondary community care, tertiary and quaternary care services to post-acute through rehabilitation, palliative care and long-term care, while investing in world-class research and education.
• Demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of a Generalist Sonographer
• MSK experience an asset
• Documents, reports and reviews ultrasound findings to provide an accurate patient diagnosis
• Must demonstrate critical thinking skills with the ability to manage competing demands
• Assists radiologists with special procedures performed under ultrasound guidance
• Operates and provides continuous maintenance of ultrasound equipment via participation in Quality Control and Quality Assurance tests.
• Provides optimum patient care and demonstrates a professional manner in the work setting.
• Should have the ability to work in an academic environment and participate if required
• Actively participates in team building concepts, and development of departmental goals with the ability to adapt to change
• Must be able to work independently and without supervision
• Actively participates in all research activities and examinations
• All other duties as assigned and required for operational purposes
• Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Program.
• Registration and in good standing with Sonography Canada as a Generalist Sonographer (CRGS)
• Registration with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS - AB, OB/GYN) an asset.
• Registration with the Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Sciences an asset.
• New graduates must obtain credentials within 3 months of hire
• Certification in Vascular, MSK would be an asset.
• Recent experience an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal/written), and organization skills.
• Understanding and commitment to the Hospital's Mission and Values.
• Demonstrated ability to handle stress and conflict management in a professional, effective manner.
• Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and accurately, both autonomously and as an effective team member.
• Ability to meet patient and staff needs in an efficient manner.
• Commitment to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
• Must be flexible, punctual and have an excellent attendance record
Monday - Friday (Days, Evenings, Weekends, on-call and Statutory Holidays on a rotational basis)
$35.24 - $42.08 per hour
Sherwin de Castro