Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Unity Health Toronto-St Michael's Hospital
St. Michael’s Hospital is a teaching and research hospital in downtown Toronto. Affectionately known as the Urban Angel, St. Michael’s is renowned for providing exceptional patient care. We are located in downtown Toronto steps from public transportation, great shopping, dining, sporting arenas, theatre and many wonderful sights of downtown Toronto.
• Demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of a Generalist Sonographer
• Vascular experience an asset
• MSK experience an asset
• Documents, reports and reviews ultrasound findings to provide an accurate patient diagnosis
• Must possess a key element of professionalism. Meeting a standard of education with the required knowledge, skills and judgment to perform competently.
• To function as the very image of care; actively working as the essential link between compassionate care and the most sophisticated imaging technologies. Must ensure the care provided is safe, appropriate, tailored, timely, and maximize the potential of the available equipment and resources.
• Demonstrate commitment to a patient and family centered approach to care
• Must respect patient rights and needs, and foster an environment that encourages the patient’s involvement in their own care. This commitment is extended to patients from all cultures and backgrounds, ensuring all are treated with dignity, equity and respect.
• Contribute their knowledge and expertise to help shape policy and decisions and by providing education in sonography to the other members of the collaborative healthcare team both internally and externally within the organization.
• Must participate in quality control, assurance and improvement programs
• Must demonstrate critical thinking skills with the ability to manage competing demands
• Assists radiologists with special procedures performed under ultrasound guidance
• Must monitor patient status and respond to any change in condition, to ensure patient safety and comfort.
• Should have the ability to work in an academic environment and participate if required
• Organizes, prioritizes and co-ordinates scheduling of procedures, communicates verbally with appropriate personnel re: procedure types, lab results, equipment failures, policies and procedures.
• Must be able to work independently and without supervision
• Actively participates in all research activities and examinations
• Other duties as assigned and required for operational purposes
• Ability to work all shifts
• Ability to work across satellite sites as required
• Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Program.
• Must be licensed by and in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO)
• Registration and in good standing with Sonography Canada as a Generalist Sonographer (CRGS)
• Registration with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS - AB, OB/GYN) an asset.
• Certification in Vascular, MSK would be an asset.
• Recent hospital experience an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal/written), and organization skills.
• Understanding and commitment to the Hospital's Mission and Values.
• Demonstrated ability to handle stress and conflict management in a professional, effective manner.
• Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and accurately, both autonomously and as an effective team member.
• Ability to meet patient and staff needs in an efficient manner.
• Commitment to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
• Must be flexible, punctual and have an excellent attendance record
• Demonstrated ability to organize work, and set priorities, managing time effectively.
Full Time, Part Time and Casual Positions available
Operational Leader Ultrasound
36 Queen St E
416-360-4000 ext 6318
Job Posting Link