Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Ultrasound)
Be a part of something bigger – help transform medical imaging in Canada by improving people’s lives, one focused image and one caring, compassionate human touch at a time. Through our 14 state-of-the-art clinics, Mayfair Diagnostics delivers diagnostic imaging excellence and high-quality services, offering a wide range of screening, diagnostic, and interventional procedures in communities across Calgary and Regina, Saskatchewan. Mayfair Diagnostics (formerly Radiology Consultants Associated) is owned and operated by over 50 radiologists and employing more than 400 employees. We have been leading the way in delivering specialized and diverse medical imaging services using state-of-the-art technology since 1911. Mayfair offers private exams at our Mayfair Place and Regina Centre Crossing locations, and proudly serves more than 700,000 patients and provides more than 90,000 teleradiology interpretations each year.Our vision is a world in which every person has clarity about their health. We are focused on the needs of our local communities in partnership with physicians and hospitals. We know that our employees are the key to our company’s success and future growth. If you’re a person who is motivated to go above and beyond, inspired by working with the best, and compelled to do the right thing, our organization is the right choice for you.
Who you are and what you will achieve in this role:
• You are committed to outstanding patient care which includes family and caregivers. Your empathetic, patient and understanding disposition will put our patients at ease and confirm they have come to the right services provider.
• You are passionate about putting patients first and ensuring they consistently receive an excellent level of service.
• Perform high quality ultrasound examinations in a professional, timely and safe manner.
• Use good judgment when assessing cases to differentiate normal and abnormal findings. You have a fine eye for detail, methodically creating a clear story for the radiologists to evaluate each case.
• Ongoing knowledge of the day-to-day organization of the clinic.
• Anticipate the needs of our patients and referring physicians, act as an ambassador for Mayfair and always want to go one step further to provide the best patient experience possible.
• Assesses current and future workloads.
• Ensures equipment is operating optimally, including troubleshooting and yearly quality assurance.
• Contributes as a team player and maintains a positive work environment.
• Performs other non-technical duties including maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
• Complies with all Mayfair policies, procedures and protocols.
The experience you will be bringing to this role:
• Active credentials and membership in good standings with Sonography Canada inclusive of liability insurance.
• Demonstrated superior technological skills with proof of competency in abdominal, obstetric, pelvic, small parts, superficial structures, and general vascular ultrasound procedures.
• You exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills and delight in talking with people and taking care of them; making the patient experience as effortless as possible.
• You are a strong team player and are able to work independently. A positive attitude and proactive team and service oriented mentality are essential to this role.
• You have superior time management and multitasking skills with the ability to keep up with a demanding daily workload.
• You have the natural ability to express yourself in a clear, concise, and empathetic manner.
• Demonstrated professionalism with the ability to confidently answer the question asked (while maintaining confidentiality) and proactively answer the next one before it’s even been thought of.
• Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and priority-setting skills.
• Technically inclined and easily adaptable to new equipment.
37.5 hours / week (Monday - Friday day-time shifts)
Starting at $39.68 with annual step increases
Talent Acquisition Specailst