William Osler Health System
William Osler Health System (Osler) is a multi-site hospital system serving 1.3 million people in one of the fastest-growing and most culturally-diverse regions in Ontario. With our new 2019-24 Corporate Strategic Plan, Going Beyond for Healthier Communities as our roadmap, we are shifting traditional thinking and re-imagining health care to help people live healthier lives, reduce chronic disease and improve access to care. At Osler, we are committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in a fulfilling work environment that inspires our staff, physicians and volunteers to learn, innovate and grow. We are proud to be recognized, year after year, as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Here you will work alongside a highly-committed and respected team that understands what it means to go beyond to meet the health care needs of our communities.
We are looking for a permanent full-time position. Ready to join? As a EEG Technologist, we can offer you valuable experience in a hospital setting, the chance to continue to grow and develop your skills, and an opportunity to mentor new technologists.
How you will make an impact:
Collaborate with an inter-professional team to support Osler patients with a differential diagnosis
Perform high quality EEG and EMG tests for Neurologist review and provide excellent patient care
The education and certification- Certified with Canadian Board of Registration of EEG Technologists (C.B.R.E.T.). Have a minimum of two (2) years’ recent experience performing EEG and assisting with EMG in a hospital setting, proficiency in Electromyography EMG and Evoked Potential is an asset
The practical experience- You have exceptional skills demonstrating your ability to prioritize patient care needs. You have hands-on experience in the following areas:
○ adult and pediatric patients at various levels of acuity including Critical Care
○ Demonstrated commitment to continuing education
○ Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
○ Excellent organizational and priority setting skills.
○ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
The compassion, communication, and relationship-building skills.
○ Passion for helping others and playing a key role in the health and well-being of your community members.
○ Willingness to follow directives and help where needed.
○ An ability to thrive in a collaborative practice model as part of - and with - multi-disciplinary teams.
○ Excellence in decision-making and critical thinking.
○ Flexibility and the ability to pivot in a rapidly changing environment.
○ Exceptional verbal, comprehension, and written skills in English.
Your community thanks you for considering this role.
Apply now. If you are interested in pursuing this role, we would like to hear from you.
Come live our values - Respect, Excellence, Service, Compassion, Innovation, Collaboration with us.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com
Please email your resume to: Navdeep.Samra@williamoslerhs.ca with the subject “EEG Technologist”
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
Talent Acquisition Specialist