Full Time Chiropodist
West Champlain Family Health Team
The West Champlain Family Health Team (WCFHT) consists of a group of interdisciplinary health care providers and administrative staff who support the family physicians of a Family Health Organization (FHO), working collaboratively to provide a broad spectrum of primary health care services to rostered patients of Pembroke and surrounding areas referred to as West Champlain. We are located in Pembroke, Ontario, 1.5 hours west of the City of Ottawa, along the beautiful Ottawa River.
• Diabetic foot ulcer treatment and offloading including Total Contact Casting, pneumatic walkers and/or shoe/foot padding.
• Nail surgeries for bacterially infected ingrown toenails putting clients at risk of ulceration.
• Evaluation of current footwear
• Advice on proper footwear.
• In collaboration with WCFHT clinical professionals, the chiropodist is expected to implement and discuss appropriate individualized care plans with the client and (where applicable) their caregiver based on best practices
• Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a variety of work environments
• Knowledge of/ability to learn electronic medical record system (Telus Practice Solutions EMR)
• Ability to provide wound care treatment
• Ability to prepare quarterly or as required statistical reports for the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care or as required by the WC FHT
• Develop and maintain professional competence through ongoing professional development
• Vehicle and driving required for satellite clinic programs and services
• Graduate of a chiropody program approved by the Council of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
• Experience in a community setting would be an asset
All applicants will be considered equally. We look forward to reviewing your resume, and finding a new member for our team!
Feel free to contact us with any inquiries or questions. We can also distribute a more detailed job description upon request. Email Claire at the address provided below, or give us a call.
315 Pembroke St. E
613 735 8051
Job Posting Link