With over 21,500 employees, 1,900 physician partners, and over 6,500 volunteers that give their time, skills and experience to our organization, Island Health is the largest employer on beautiful Vancouver Island. At Island Health, we believe that our values guide our actions and relationships, shaping how we make decisions and plan for the future. We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, long term disability and extensive extended health plan.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine, Pathology and Medical Genetics (LMPMG) is committed to enhancing patient care through the provision of consistently high quality laboratory services.
Reporting to the supervisor or delegate, you will perform established laboratory procedures, including hematology, chemistry and transfusion medicine. Please note that this is a temporary role with a planned end date of January 15, 2020.
As a Laboratory Technologist, you have successfully completed a recognized diploma program in Medical Laboratory Technology and have certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS). Completion of core laboratory related courses within the last two years and one year of recent experience is required (or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
Skills and Abilities
• A knowledge of relevant core laboratory testing, techniques, methods and procedures
• Knowledge of legislations and government policies and procedures related to laboratory technology
• The ability to work collaboratively as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team
• Conflict resolution, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• The ability to work independently, prioritize issues and workload and complete assigned work
• You must be able to demonstrate procedures to other employees and students
• The ability to communicate and effectively deal with patients, families, staff, physicians and other health care providers
$28.62 - $35.69
Please apply directly online at: https://islandhealth.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/106725