Laboratory Technologist I
Alberta Health Services
Alberta Health Services (AHS) is one of the leading healthcare systems in Canada, responsible for the delivery of healthcare to more than 3.9 million Albertans. Working at AHS enables a better quality of life, not only for our staff, but for their families. We value the diversity of the people and communities we serve and are committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Structure your health-care career in a way that meets your lifestyle. Develop your skills in a new setting and enjoy what the community has to offer. Discover the vast boreal forests, enjoy unique cultures, and witness the beautiful glow of the northern lights. Our pleasant summer days and midnight sunsets make living in Northern Alberta a truly unforgettable experience. If nothing feels better than making a difference in the lives of families in your own community, this is the opportunity for you.
This position is responsible for providing and performing the highest quality service possible to the clients of the Clinical Laboratory. This is done in an effective, efficient, and safe manner. As a member of the Laboratory team this position is responsible for working all shifts as assigned. Specifically this position is responsible for procurement, preparation and testing of specimens, operation of department equipment, maintaining quality control, and maintenance of department records.
• Requires current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Alberta (CMLTA) and an MLT Practice Permit and evidence of the appropriate CSMLS certification (eg. General, Diagnostic, Cytology, or Clinical Genetics). Employers retain the discretion to request CSMLS certification.
• Current clinical laboratory experience and knowledge in Chemistry, Hematology, and Transfusion Medicine.
• Graduation from an approved Medical Laboratory Technology program.
• Must have the ability to operate Windows based computer applications.
• Meditech experience preferred.
• Experience with decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to recognize testing or procedural anomalies and act appropriately to resolve these is required.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
$33.32 to $43.87 per hour
Apply on our website today and become a part of our dynamic health-care team!
Please visit: https://albertahealthservices.ats.hrsmart.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=342368