Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist
Interior Health Authority
IHA is the Health Authority for the Central Interior of BC, and employs over 20,000 staff.
Interior Health is currently seeking a temporary part time MRI Technologist to cover 17.25 hours per week until June 09, 2021 (or return of incumbent). Do you want a rewarding and meaningful career where you can be a part of a leading health organization? If yes, apply today to join our team at Kelowna General Hospital.
Reporting to the Professional Practice Leader, the MRI Technologist performs magnetic resonance imaging procedures. The MRI Technologist is responsible for assisting the Radiologists during procedure, inputting patient specific data into the Radiology Information System (RIS) PACS and providing direction regarding procedures to student technologists and staff trainees.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) procedures as designated.
• Monitors patient care and safety by ensuring procedures adhere to department standards, policies and protocols.
• Participates in and provides input into quality improvement, Quality Control (eg. Coil testing) and risk management procedures and processes.
• Assists the Radiologists during examinations including positioning, imaging, data processing and sterile procedures.
• Communicates with patients, physicians and staff on topics such as explaining procedures, consent, allergies, etc.
• Inputs patient data into the RIS and PACS, including patient demographics, administration of drugs/contrast, additional exams, patient allergies, and other relevant information.
Once hired into a temporary relief role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual/relief positions and lead to regular employment.
Interior Health offers an excellent, comprehensive benefit package and pension plan; opportunity for growth and skill development; and the experience on making a difference in the lives of others. Apply today to join our team.
• Graduate of an accredited Magnetic Resonance Imaging program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
$32.64 - $40.69/hour
505 Doyle Ave, Kelowna, BC