Medical Lab Technologist
Grand River Hospital
At Grand River Hospital (GRH), our people are essential! We’re one of Ontario’s largest community hospitals, providing patient-centred care to Waterloo Region, Wellington County, and Southwestern Ontario, and we couldn’t do it without our 4000+ highly skilled and dedicated team members, over 600 professional staff (such as physicians and midwives) and over 1,000 volunteers.Grow your career at Waterloo Region’s largest hospital and be part of a progressive organization full of great opportunities with a culture that values compassion, innovation, and a positive attitude. GRH is a place where you can truly make a difference – one patient at a time.We are currently recruiting for Medical Lab Technologists!
835 King Street West, Kitchener, Ontario
POSITION VACANCY: Positions available in the following labs: Chemistry, Hematology, Transfusion Medicine, Histology and Microbiology.
POSITION: Medical Lab Technologists (MLT); Full & Part Time positions available.
HOURS OF WORK: 7.5 hour shift, Monday to Friday and Weekends. Hours may vary due to operational needs.
The MLT is responsible for performing procedures related to analytical testing of patient samples under limited supervision. Tests are conducted manually or on automated equipment. The MLT assists in the maintenance of the work station. They perform the required daily and weekly routine preventative maintenance on equipment, according to the established protocol, and documents these results. The successful candidate will read and understand relevant procedure and policy manuals and perform all quality control procedures and basic troubleshooting whenever results are beyond allowable limits according to established protocol. Report unresolved problems to the supervising technologist and perform basic troubleshooting of tests and instruments and observe and report malfunctions of equipment to the designated technical staff.
• Graduate from an accredited Medical Laboratory Technology Program (General or Specialty)
• Current registration with CMLTO; may consider candidates who can demonstrate or provide proof of pending registration with the CMLTO
• Recent working experience as an MLT is preferred.
• Demonstrates satisfactory work performance.
• Proficiency in the use of Laboratory Information System preferred.
• Proficiency in the use of MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
At Grand River Hospital, we support our team members with:
• Competitive salaries.
• Defined benefit pension plans for all team members (Full-Time and Part-Time staff).
• Comprehensive benefits and vacation plans.
• Supports for employee health and wellness.
• Homewood Employee and Family Assistance Program that offers free and confidential counselling on a wide range of topics, for employees and their immediate family members.
• Free access to the Calm app to support mental health wellness.
• Employee Referral Program where you can earn up to $1,000 per new hire referral.
• Professional development through education and training opportunities, including our Learning Development Fund that provides reimbursement for tuition costs.
• GRH Social Club and discounted prices for movies, family events, and attractions
We look forward to receiving your application! Visit https://www.grhosp.on.ca/careers and apply today!
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.
835 King St
226 751 3279
Job Posting Link