Medical Laboratory Technologist 1
Public Health Ontario
We are Public Health Ontario (PHO). We live our values as a shared promise to each other, our clients and our partners. We value credibility, innovation, responsiveness, collaboration, integrity and respect. With our partners in Ontario’s health system, we monitor and address the needs of the population by providing the scientific evidence and expert guidance that shapes policies and practices for a healthier Ontario. With locations across Ontario, we are working to ensure that Ontario has the strongest public health system in the world so that every day Ontarians wake up in one of the safest places to live in the world. For more information about PHO, visit www.publichealthontario.ca
• Conducts standardized medical/clinical tests and procedures for the isolation, quantification, identification, molecular testing and antimicrobial susceptibility testing of clinically significant bacteria, fungi, parasites, viruses and associated antibodies.
• Reports and relays results to health care providers within acceptable turnaround time (TAT) as published by PHOL.
• Authorizes the release of laboratory test results and discusses test results with clients within the restriction of College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) regulations.
• Maintains privacy and confidentiality as outlined by PHO corporate policies.
• Carries out established quality assurance and control procedures including proficiency testing to ensure quality outcomes.
• Performs review of daily QC materials and take appropriate actions to resolve any discrepancies in QC material that falls outside the acceptable ranges.
• Maintains and monitors equipment and supplies to ensure operability.
• Provides direction and guidance to Laboratory Attendants responsible for supporting MLTs and senior staff and assists with training new staff.
• Provides technical assistance to Senior Technologists and Operational Lead in carrying out testing and/or special projects.
• Performs activities to support the laboratory’s Quality management Program and Ontario Laboratory Accreditation requirements.
• Performs other duties or projects as assigned.
• Mandatory: Member in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO)