Medical Laboratory Technologist
Atikokan General Hospital
Atikokan General Hospital is a fully accredited 41-bed facility. We offer emergency, acute care (including cardiac care), complex continuing care, long-term care, and a full range of diagnostic services. A team of rehabilitation therapists provide inpatient, outpatient and home care services.Health care services are provided to all residents of Atikokan and the surrounding area and with a complement of 100 employees, we serve approximately 6,000 outpatients on a yearly basis.
1. Perform venipuncture and routine and/or complex testing in all areas of laboratory, as assigned by Laboratory Manager. These duties may be during regular hours, holidays, weekends or stand-by.
2. Perform quality control testing to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents and procedures.
3. Recognize instrument malfunction and out-of-control test results and take corrective action.
4. Ability to calibrate and maintain equipment following established procedures and documentation protocols.
5. Prepare reagents, controls, and standards according to prescribed procedures.
6. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
7. Participate in QMP-LS and/or other proficiency surveys.
8. Understanding and operation of the Laboratory Information System.
9. Knowledge, understanding and application of the Quality Management System.
10. Performs ECG’s, holter monitoring, pacemaker checks and event monitor recordings.
11. Performs Point of Care testing.
12. Assists in training new employees.
13. Reviews policies and procedures annually.
14. Participates actively in continuing education programs and in-service programs.
15. Understands fire, safety and disaster procedures.
16. Is familiar with the Accreditation Canada program and participates as a member of a Team when requested.
See job posting for further details.
120 Dorothy Street, PO Box # 2490, Atikokan, Ont., P0T 1C0
807-597-4215 ext. 356