Medical Laboratory Technologist
Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association
The Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association (EORLA) is a member-owned, non-profit organization operating 18 licensed, acute-care, hospital-based laboratories that service clinical programs across the Champlain Region of Eastern Ontario.The EORLA team delivers over 12 million diagnostic tests in our laboratories annually – using the latest technology, offering exemplary service and turnaround times, and providing ongoing innovation and continuous improvement initiatives.Our laboratories are accredited by the Institute for Quality Management in Healthcare and licensed through the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care.Laboratory staff include over 750 Medical Laboratory Professionals, along with approximately 65 Medical/Scientific staff, 50 Administration Staff and 14 Residents.We are governed by our Board of Directors, with representation from our Member Hospitals as well as the Community.
Are you a motivated Laboratory professional ready to make your next career move? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and fluid environment that continually challenges your abilities? Are you passionate about providing excellent care and advancing laboratory medicine? If Yes, we would like to hear from you!
EORLA is seeking a Medical Laboratory Technologist to join our Core Lab at Hawkesbury General Hospital. The incumbent would be primarily responsible for the management of sample reception, accessioning and preparation for diagnostic testing, analysis, interpretation and result reporting of clinical/pathology samples. They would also identify/resolve unsuitable specimens, keep a record of all tests and procedures performed and occasionally assist with training.
• Graduation from an accredited MLT program or equivalent CSMLS prior learning assessment program;
• Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) in the appropriate field of practice;
• Knowledge of relevant accreditation standards, health care regulations, and knowledge in medical laboratory theory, principles and practices;
• Understands occupational health and safety legislation;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Sound problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
• Proficiency in speaking and comprehending both English and French.
As a pre-condition of employment, all new EORLA employees will be required to obtain and provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check dated within six (6) months from the date of issue.
• Relevant university degree from a recognized program.
• Minimum of six months to one year of experience unless clinical placement was conducted in one of EORLA's labs;
New Graduates from a recognized MLT program are encouraged to apply as EORLA provides a supportive working environment, in-lab training and regular check-ins via experienced colleagues and leaders.
$33.14 - $44.45/Hour
501 Smyth Road
Job Posting Link