Medical Laboratory Technologist
Atikokan General Hospital
Atikokan General Hospital is a fully accredited 41-bed facility. We offer emergency, acute care (including cardiac care), complex continuing care, long-term care, and a full range of diagnostic services. A team of rehabilitation therapists provide inpatient, outpatient and home care services.Health care services are provided to all residents of Atikokan and the surrounding area and with a complement of 100 employees, we serve approximately 6,000 outpatients on a yearly basis.
The Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) will perform a range of tests – both routine and complex – on patients and clinical specimens. The MLT must participate in the on-call schedule of the Lab, in accordance with the Hospital’s hours of operation.
• A member in good standing of the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO).
• Successful completion of accredited coursework in Laboratory Sciences.
• Knowledge and understanding of laboratory Quality Management systems, and of IQMH Lab Accreditation requirements.
• Understanding of equipment calibration and maintenance protocols.
• Able to work independently and in a team environment.
• Understanding of infection control practices and procedures, as well as applicable legislation and regulations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Demonstrated competency in record keeping.
• Ability to fulfill the on-call requirements of the role.
120 Dorothy Street, Atikokan, Ont., P0T 1C0
807-597-4215 ext. 356