Medical Laboratory Technologist, Clinical Labs, Various Laboratories
Kingston Health Sciences Centre
Eligible for KHSC Sign-on Bonus (up to $10,000), Family Relocation and Housing Assistance (up to $15,000)!! Kingston Health Sciences Centre (KHSC) is Southeastern Ontario’s largest acute-care academic hospital. Consisting of our Hotel Dieu Hospital site and Kingston General Hospital site, as well as the Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario and two research institutes, we care for more than 500,000 patients and families from across our region. As one of Kingston’s largest employers, we are home to nearly 5,000 staff, more than 2,000 health-care learners and 1,000 volunteers who are committed to partnering with patients and families to ensure we continually provide high quality, compassionate care. Fully affiliated with Queen’s University we are ranked as one of Canada’s top research hospitals.
• Performs specimen handling and processing.
• Performs Lab Testing depending on Clinical Lab assignment.
• Performs repeat testing where required.
• Responsible for verifying, reporting and releasing of all results by self,
• Phones and documents phone call of abnormal and critical lab results based on established policies and procedures.
• Performs Quality Control and Quality Assurance procedures to ensure Lab testing meets established requirements and standards.
• Ensures efficient use of laboratory supplies and reagents.
• Monitors supplies inventory to ensure adequate supply is maintained. Notifies appropriate person when re-orders are required.
• Performs and documents routine equipment maintenance and performs minor troubleshooting procedures.
• Provides guidance and supervision to Laboratory Assistants where required
• Applicants are required to produce a certificate of registration from the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario as a General Medical Laboratory Technologist, i.e., with the authorization to practice in the following specialties: Biochemistry, Histology, Hematology, Microbiology and transfusion science.
• Demonstrable skills in the discipline applied for.
• Demonstrated interest in personal professional development.
• Computer skills to include Lab Information System and Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with a focus on interaction with Laboratory staff and internal and external health professionals.
• Diplomacy and understanding others’ viewpoints.
• Flexibility to meet operational requirements, including hours of work, location and accessibility to staff.
• Must be highly motivated.
• A strong team player, with the ability to perform duties independently.
• Proven ability to attend work regularly.
• Satisfactory criminal background check with vulnerable sector search.
$35.77 - $48.78 per hour
Come & see why Kingston is a great place to live: https://possiblemadehere.org/
Job Posting Link