Medical Laboratory Technologist (Part-time)
Cambridge Memorial Hospital
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is a full service, acute care hospital committed to providing exceptional health care to the communities of Cambridge, North Dumfries and the region of Waterloo. Our mission is to be a progressive acute care hospital and teaching facility committed to quality and integrated patient centered care. We employ 1300 staff, 295 physicians and over 500 volunteers.
• Performs and is responsible for a variety of laboratory tests and procedures and acts in accordance with the mission, vision, values and goals of the Laboratory and those of the Hospital. Performs a variety of laboratory procedures, many of which are complex, involve a number of steps and techniques, and require use of professional judgement
• Perform QC/EQA of procedures and instruments
• Ensure the instruments are in good working order and work areas are organized, tidy and clean
• Troubleshoot instruments, procedures, and anomalous test results
• Provide instrument-specific technical support when trained as key operator
• Procurement of blood specimens
• Assist in the training and orientation of staff/students
• Monitor and maintain inventory & supplies
• Prepare up-to-date procedure manuals under the direction of the Lab Director
• Assist in instrument and method evaluation
• Actively participate in the resolution of intra- and inter-departmental issues when required
• Actively participate in ongoing TQM/CQI initiatives
• Support and help maintain the laboratory Quality Management System
• Compliance with requirements of ACD (IQMH), MOHLTC, etc.
• Compliance with lab policies and procedures (follow SOPs, safety guidelines etc.), and hospital policies and procedures
• Compliance with CME requirements (e.g. CMLTO requirements)
• Maintain competence and effectively enhance his or her knowledge, skill and application of relevant medical laboratory procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) required
• Recent experience in Chemistry, Hematology, Transfusion Medicine and Phlebotomy required
• Evidence of continuing education related to the profession is required
• Meditech laboratory experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Cambridge Memorial Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
This position will work all shifts including days, evenings, nights, and weekends in the Core Lab.
Director, Laboratory, Cardiac Diagnostics & IPAC
519-621-2330 ext: 2284