Medical Laboratory Technologist – Regular Part Time
St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital
St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital (STEGH) is a 157-bed facility serving the City of St. Thomas and all seven municipalities within the County of Elgin. STEGH is a fully accredited hospital offering a full range of hospital services, including: outpatient care (surgery and ambulatory clinics), diagnostic imaging, inpatient acute care (medicine, surgery, maternal child), emergency services, post-acute care (rehabilitation and continuing care), as well as regional satellite services (chemotherapy and stroke unit).More than 850 individuals work at STEGH and over 200 credentialed professional staff (physicians, dentists and midwives) who provide care and ensure the highest quality and safety to each and every patient. STEGH is also supported by 160 volunteers and 130 students. STEGH has partnered with London hospitals to provide specialized services in our community, such as the District Stroke Centre and the Outpatient Chemotherapy Clinic. What’s more, STEGH provides a broad range of outpatient ambulatory clinics and diagnostic imaging services – serving tens of thousands of patients every year.The hospital participates in the Southwestern Ontario Medical Education Network as a community hospital training centre for residents in OB/Gyn, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, Surgery, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Hospitalists, Anesthesiology, and Maxillofacial Surgery.
St. Thomas, Ontario
STEGH Laboratory Services provides 24/7 support. The MLT plays a critical role in the health care system by collecting, processing, analyzing and interpreting diagnostic laboratory findings. This position will provide services in the specialties of Bio-Chemistry, Hematology, Transfusion Science and Phlebotomy.
• Must have successfully completed a program in Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution
• Must be registered and a member In good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO)
• Preference will be given to those with a minimum of one (1) year previous laboratory experience within a Hospital environment
• Preference will be given to those with knowledge of Cerner LIS
• Experience in specimen grossing is an asset
• Experience with and demonstrated understanding of quality assurance and good laboratory practice
• Effective and proven analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to solve technical problems.
• Demonstrated high level of initiative, that is open to change and proactive to new initiatives
• Highly team and customer focused with the ability to communicate respectfully in a pleasant, flexible and professional manner with all patients, families, staff and volunteers.
• Computer skills to include the regular use of Outlook, Risk Monitor Pro, Internet/Intranet navigation including STEGHnet, basic word processing.
• Ability to adapt to changes in assignment throughout a shift, follow instructions and conduct yourself professionally.
• Ability to work alone
• Physical ability to perform assigned duties.
• Acceptable attendance and performance record is required
STEGH Laboratory Services provides 24/7 support. This position will be required to work all departmental shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends and statutory holidays. In addition, this candidate must meet the availability requirements of the applicable collective agreement, and accept short notice relief calls.
$32.43 - $43.46
Please apply directly to our website www.stegh.on.ca.
This is a direct link to the job posting:
Human Resources - STEGH
189 Elm St., St. Thomas, ON N5R 5C4
519-631-2030, ext. 2421
Job Posting Link