Medical Laboratory Technologist
North of Superior Healthcare Group
- Performs laboratory tests and quality control procedures in core lab (hematology, chemistry, transfusion medicine)
- Procures and labels specimens in accordance with established protocols
- Organizes time to collect, assay and report patient results in a timely manner
- Produces quality results
- Recognizes, troubleshoots and communicates equipment and reagent malfunctions and initiates appropriate remedial action in a timely manner
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities
- Degree or diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited university or community college.
- Current Registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario.
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) with the Canadian Society of Laboratory Technologists.
- Phlebotomy skills essential
- Experience with Quality Management Systems an asset
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in the English language in order to provide excellent communication with team members, patients and families
- Bilingual is an asset
- Must have basic computer skills (Meditech an asset)
- Committed to maintaining confidentiality
0.8FTE 30 hrs/wk 8 hr shifts, After hours and weekend call rotation
$1000 recruitment allowance
$500 accommodation allowance for three (3) months
$1500 at the completion of probation
$2500 following one (1) year of employment
- HOOPP Pension
- Dental and Extended Health
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-site parking (free)
Chief Human Resource Officer
26 Peninsula Rd.
807 229 1740
Job Posting Link