Medical Radiation Technologist
Royal Inland Hospital is currently seeking casual Medical Radiography Technologists to join its diagnostic team in providing vacation relief coverage and short notice, on-call.
Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is an Interior Health tertiary referral hospital. Located in Kamloops, RIH offers high-level, specialty medical care including core physician specialties, 24 emergency and trauma services, ambulatory and outpatient clinics, and diagnostic services.
The Medical Radiation Technologist performs radiographic and related duties working in conjunction with radiologists, physicians and other health care professionals.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives, verifies and processes requisitions from physicians for diagnostic imaging procedures.
• Organizes workload according to exam priority and equipment availability. Ensures adequate supplies are available for examinations/procedures.
• Prepares patient for diagnostic imaging procedures/examinations by performing duties such as explaining procedures and contraindications, verifying relevant patient information, ensuring consent for examinations categorized as high risk, etc.
• Performs all general duty radiographic procedures in accordance with established standards, procedures and protocols.
• Ensures relevant clinical data is collected for all procedures.
• Assesses technical quality of images and applies corrective measures where necessary.
Shifts may be scheduled during Days, Evenings, and/or Nights. Days of work rotate 24/7.
Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual on-call positions and lead to regular employment.
If this sounds like a fit for you, we would love to hear from you. Apply Today!
Graduate of an accredited medical radiography program.
Current certification with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
Hourly Wage: $29.70 - $37.04