Medical Radiation Technologist
Collingwood General and Marine Hospital
Are you a recent graduate with a passion for healthcare? The Collingwood General and Marine Hospital has the perfect opportunity for you to kick-start your career as a Medical Radiation Technologist. Grow with us! Our commitment to growth doesn’t end with your onboarding. CGMH is a rapidly growing hospital engaged in Stage 2 of Hospital Redevelopment, and the implementation of a brand-new MRI machine, resulting in a state-of-the-art facility that will meet the needs of patients and families in the growing South Georgian Bay Region. As you build your expertise through hands-on experience with a Diagnostic Imaging team that values collaboration and teamwork, you will also be contributing to innovative solutions that define our commitment to excellence in healthcare. Collingwood General and Marine Hospital (CGMH) is an 84-bed hospital located in Collingwood, Ontario (approximately 90 minutes north of Toronto) that serves more than 74,000 permanent residents and 3.5 million annual visitors to the communities of Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, Clearview, and the Blue Mountains. CGMH is an acute care hospital providing emergency care, diagnostic services including lab, imaging, and cardiorespiratory therapy, as well as two inpatient units (medicine and surgery). In addition, CGMH also provides care in specialty areas including obstetrics, orthopaedics, intensive care and surgery. The Hospital also provides outpatient care including dialysis and a wide range of clinics including mental health and rehabilitation services. CGMH continues to provide care close to home for our community and plays a key role as an integrated orthopaedic centre for our region. For more information please visit our website at www.cgmh.on.ca and our Foundation website at www.cgmhf.com.Compensation: $35.77 to $48.78 per hour. Benefits: This position also includes 6% vacation pay and 14% (or HOOPP + 12%) pay in lieu of benefits as well as access to the Employee & Family Assistance Program and access to CGMH Perkopolis discounts. CGMH endorses the Health Care Providers Group Insurance Plan which provides Group Benefits for you and your eligible dependents by enrollment only.Perks:• Tuition reimbursement up to $4,000 for education completed within 6 months of hire date at CGMH. • Relocation allowance of up to $4,500. • Education Assistance Funding Program which could cover up to $5,000 towards any future schooling.• Referral bonus of $5,000 for referring your friends to applicable positions including MRT postings.• Free employee and family assistance program that offers free health guidance, financial, legal, and family support, available to you and your family members 24/7. The Opportunity:The MRT(R) is responsible for the efficient delivery of radiographic imaging procedures. They perform high quality imaging while providing patient centered care and maintenance of radiation safety practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Uphold and live the values and goals as stated in the CGMH Hospital Mission Statement.
• Comply with the Policies and Procedures of the Diagnostic Imaging Department.
• Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety regulations and report the absence of or defect in any equipment or protective device to the manager and take correction action to resolve if applicable.
• Adhere to Infection Control responsibilities and mentor staff in appropriate use of IPAC practices.
• Observe all aspects of personnel/patient safety protection regarding ionizing radiation.
• Deliver an efficient, caring, co-operative and highly credible service in Imaging.
• Perform a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgement, skill, and ingenuity to produce quality images.
• Review and document patient medical history as it relates to performing exam.
• Assess the diagnostic quality of individual studies and determine any necessary corrective measures if repeat or additional views are required to complete the examination.
• Performs all quality control practices to comply with equipment maintenance and HARP regulations.
• Recognise equipment malfunctions and log errors or equipment concerns. Report immediately any problems with the equipment to the Senior Technologist or manager. Arrange for service as required.
• Perform clerical duties in the absence of clerical staff or as required.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Comply with Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and all aspects within.
• Orientate and train new hires into the DI department and modalities specifics.
• Identify and implement positive change opportunities utilizing the LEAN change model departmentally.
• Participate in competency assessment/development.
• Attend organized education events and maintain continued education requirements
Location: Diagnostic Imaging
Employee Group: OPSEU
Employment Type: Permanent Part-Time
Start Date: In line with next Hospital Orientation intake.
Hours of Work: 8-hour shifts. Days, nights, weekends. Please be reminded that as a Hospital, in order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. Therefore, depending on the program for which you are applying, it may be an expectation that you are available to work weekdays and weekends, as well as all shifts - days, evenings, and nights.
• Graduate of recognized school of Radiography.
• Active member in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Works effectively as a team member.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Conscientious, efficient, reliable, responsible, and flexible.
• Must strive to continuously provide a safe and supportive environment for patients, staff, physicians, and volunteers.
• Must adhere to the duties of workers, as stipulated in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Must have an ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in the English language in order to provide excellent communication with team members, patients and families. Ability to communicate in additional language(s) is considered an asset.
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Must be dedicated to professional growth & development.
• Must be able to perform all bona fide and essential duties of the position, which may include physical demands such as moving/transferring patients, pushing, pulling, bending, etc.
• Must have demonstrated excellent attendance/performance record.
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently and effectively communicate with other members of the health care team.
Job Posting Link