Medical Radiation Technologist – MR
The Hospital for Sick Children
Don’t miss a great opportunity to join our award-wining organization. SickKids has been voted one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 7th year in a row. We’ve been recognized as a top employer for young people, a top family friendly employer, and a top employer in the GTA. Newsweek Magazine also ranked SickKids as the top paediatric health-care centre in the world for 2022!
We are looking for a qualified Medical Radiation Technologist - MR to join our team.
Here’s What You’ll Love:
- Enhancing children’s health and changing the lives of children and their families every day
- A focus on employee wellness with our new Staff Health and Well-being Strategy. Self-care helps us support others
- A hospital that welcomes and focuses on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- The opportunity to make an impact. Regardless of your role or professional interest, you’ll be making a difference at SickKids and contributing to our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
- A culture of safety for both the patient and staff
- Being a part of the expert interprofessional care team driving hospital wide changes and beyond
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan
- An academic and learning environment, awards and bursaries, mentoring programs, and a focus on continuous improvement.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
- Produce quality medical images upon the request of a physician while ensuring the safety of patients, their family members and staff
- Provide technical interpretations and preliminary technologist reports
- Perform IV catheter insertion using sterile technique
- Perform contrast administration
- Use power injector
- Correlate and convey the significance of patient symptoms, lab results and image findings to a radiologist
- Deal with sedated and general anesthesia patients under the supervision of an anesthesiologist, anesthesia assistant and registered nurse
- Perform post processing and analysis of image data
- Provide troubleshooting expertise as required to ensure integrity of imaging/information systems and provide operational expertise to users
- Maintain effective communication with patients, their families and hospital staff
- Maintain accurate computer and image records including all required patient and exam information
- Ensure patient confidentiality as per hospital guidelines
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge with hospital and departmental emergency procedures, infection control, and universal procedures
- Participate as a team member to ensure smooth workflow within the department and between patient programs and services.
- Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of all equipment and reporting and documenting equipment failures.
- Keep up to date with all equipment changes, protocols and policies by reviewing communication books.
- Maintain quality control procedures following departmental standards.
- Assist in orientation/training of new staff.
- Participate actively in teaching student technologists and in providing student performance assessments.
- Attend seminars/lectures to maintain professional knowledge and meet the required Quality Assurance requirements as dictated by CMRITO.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Successful completion of an accredited program in Medical Radiation Technology, MRI (B.Sc. or diploma program)
- Registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO)
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
- Good technical skills and ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Attention to detail is critical
- Excellent problem solving, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work with children
- Proficiency with computers
Employment Type: Full-time, Part-time, and Casual opportunities available
To apply, please visit The Hospital for Sick Children's (SickKids) website: https://career.sickkids.ca:8001/psc/CRPRD/CAREER/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=17332&PostingSeq=1
Job Posting Link