Medical Radiation Technologist MRI
Cornwall Community Hospital
Cornwall Hospital provides a full range of acute inpatient, outpatient and community mental health services to their catchment area of 100 000 people from the communities of Cornwall, the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry and to the Mohawk Community of Akwesasne.With 150 beds, more than 1000 employees and 110 physicians, Cornwall Hospital offers a wide range of care and services. These include emergency, surgical, diagnostic, medicine and rehabilitation services, mental health and addiction programs as well as a family birthing centre.Cornwall is a medium sized, vibrant community surrounded by nature where a high standard of living is affordable. It has everything you need, and is one hour away from Ottawa and Montreal.
Reporting to the Director, Diagnostic Services and under the supervision of the MRI Charge technologist, the technologist will perform all required MRI examinations according to prescribed standards. He/she will produce images as required following departmental protocols, utilize all protective safeguards, apply all safety rules and techniques within the MR environment and assume office and other related duties as required. He/she will document all appropriate information in the Radiology Information System and uphold all policies and procedures of the department and organization.
As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing “Patient Safety” and our hospital’s “Senior Friendly Strategies” as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and “The Workplace of Choice”.
• Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario in MRI
• 2 years minimum technical experience in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
• 2 years proven knowledge and experience in MRI safety
• Demonstrated effective communication skills, critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and organizational skills
• I.V. Certification and experience administering contrast media
• Excellent computer skills and good working knowledge of HIS, Ris and PACS.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to work well with multiple interruptions.
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
• Scheduling experience to include prioritizing and triaging of requests
• Proven knowledge and experience of routine quality control procedures specific to MRI
• Ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Must meet physical demands of position including lifting over 60 lbs. and withstand constant standing and/or walking
• Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
• Current BCLS Certification
• Demonstrated regular/punctual attendance
• Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
• Functional level in both official languages (oral and written in English; oral in French – and testing completed)
• Current registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists
Temporary Full-Time hours
$31.87 - $44.01 per hour
This position is to fill a leave.
Please apply directly to our website www.cornwallhospital.ca
HR Business Partner
840 McConnell Ave