Medical Radiation Technologist (Nuclear Medicine)
Queensway Carleton Hospital
• The primary function of this position is to perform nuclear medicine/cardiology examinations in a manner consistent at all times with the prescribed practices, procedures and policies of the Department and the Hospital.
• Under minimal supervision, the incumbent is responsible for careful use of all nuclear imaging equipment, including office equipment used to perform associated duties.
• Perform all routine and specialized examinations while mindfully employing radiation protection, giving special attention to special requests so as to produce radiographs of the highest quality.
• Practice within the Code of Ethics of the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario and the Canadian Association of Medical Radiological Technologists, the hospital and department policies and procedures, and take particular precautions to follow the isolation procedures and use protective devices provided when exposed to infectious patients.
• Demonstrate QCH values: accountability, innovation, respect
• Graduated from an accredited school of Medical Radiation Technology with a specialty in Nuclear Medicine (NM)
• Must be registered with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO) as a MRT(NM)
• Current CPR certification
• CAMRT registration is an asset
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent technical and patient care skills
• General knowledge regarding the operation of computers, automated and semi-automated instrumentation/equipment.
**Please Note: we will hire candidates prior to them obtaining their licence with a conditional offer
Approximately 75.0 Bi-weekly Hours
$32.99 - $44.23/hr
Please note that according to the Ontario Health and Queensway Carleton Hospital Vaccination Policy, all applicants must be fully vaccinated unless they can provide the proof of a valid medical contraindication or exemption on the basis of protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code in order to be considered for any staff or volunteer opportunities. Upon hiring, applicants must provide the proof of either government issued documentation proving they have been fully vaccinated, or present supporting documentation of a valid medical contraindication or exemption under Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you for your continued interest in the Queensway Carleton Hospital. We are committed to providing an environment which is respectful to all. If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
Job Posting Link