St. Joseph’s Health Centre
Unity Health Toronto’s commitment to anti-racism, equity and social accountability is essential to our ability to provide exceptional care experiences and to drive research and academic excellence.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre (SJHC) fosters a strong team environment, supports diversity and learning. As an integral member of the MRI Team at SJHC, the incumbent will perform routine and complex MR exams in accordance with the protocols and policies of SJHC and the standards of practice defined by the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO). Complex exams may include monitoring by the Radiologist, vascular injection of paramagnetic contrast media, use of MRI equipment, MR Safe power injectors, and MR Safe patient monitoring devices for critically ill or general anesthetic cases.
The MR Technologist must have a good understanding and working knowledge of human cross-sectional anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology and medical terminology. They must perform MRI exams of various body systems and protocols: neurological, musculoskeletal, abdominal, pelvic, oncological, breast imaging, enterography, etc. They must use professional and ethical judgment and critical thinking when performing all duties; remain sensitive to physical and emotional needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment and education, patient monitoring and patient care skills.
The MR Technologist is responsible for ensuring patient and staff safety in the MR environment following strict screening policies and maintaining close supervision – allowing/preventing entry of non-ferromagnetic/ferromagnetic objects and personnel and visitors.
Join our team and new MR Suite, in our mission to continue providing the best quality care to our patients and families!
• Registration with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO)
• MRT (MR) (Magnetic Resonance) designation and BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) certification
• Completion of the following courses: cross-sectional anatomy, IV Administration and Contrast Injection
• Effective time management, organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding and stressful environment
• Ability to work various shifts, on-call shifts and short-notice shifts
• Ability to make decisions, problem solve and take initiative
• Ability to work independently and in team environment
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Excellent work performance and attendance record
• Excellent teaching skills
• Maintain continuing education and stay current on future trends in MRI
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists.
If interested, please apply online at: https://unityhealth.to/get-involved/work-at-unity-health/employment-opportunities/
Job Posting Link