KMH Cardiology Centres Inc.
The Organization:We are a provider of high quality healthcare with 10 clinics in the GTA and South Western Ontario region. We are committed to providing diagnostic care and imaging that will assist in the early detection of disease, plan patient management and effectively monitor treatment. Our areas of expertise include Nuclear Cardiology, Nuclear Medicine, Cardiology Testing, MRI, PET and Specialist services.Our Mission: To set new standards in the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and cost effective health care services with a commitment to high quality patient care.We can offer you a great environment with an outstanding team and the opportunity for learning and growth.For more information, please go to www.kmhlabs.com
The MRI Technologist performs high quality diagnostic images to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The key accountabilities include:
- Patient care including: greeting the patient, explaining the upcoming test, reviewing the requisition and completing the medical history form.
- Instructs or aids patients for procedure
- Patient safety
- Observes the patient during the diagnostic procedure from the control room and summons medical aid when necessary.
- Operates MRI equipment to produce the highest possible quality diagnostic result with minimum discomfort to the patient.
- Follows MRI safety regulations and guidelines to minimize risk to other staff and patients,
- Conducts examinations in accordance with CMRITO, MRI and KMH's protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in the research and development activities of the clinic.
- Assists in planning KMH’s Quality Assurance program and performs Quality Control testing.
- Applies independent judgment and critical thinking during the examination to ensure that all appropriate data is accurately captured in the images.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly condition and ensures the examination rooms are properly supplied, equipped and operational before, during and after each shift.
- Ensures that all equipment is well maintained and in good working order and assists in maintaining a current inventory of routine laboratory supplies.
- Works with cross functional team and other KMH staff to assist with patient care as-needed.
- Attends team meetings and updates.
The MRI team takes pride in our training learning focused environment including educational team meetings, case studies rounds, up-to-date imaging protocols and a growing practise with an outstanding group of clinicians.
This is a full-time role scheduled for 5 days per week.
The role reports to the MRI Technical Manager and is part of a team of 11 Technologists.
We offer a competitive rate, comprehensive benefits, Work Perks, RRSP, Let’s Move program wellness initiatives and the opportunity for growth.
New Grads: We offer an innovative and unique benefits plan for new graduates. Contact us to learn more today.
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to apply for this position.
Thank you for your application. Only candidates selected for an initial Zoom or telephone interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Follow us on https://ca.linkedin.com/company/kmhcardiologycentres
- 1 year experience in a similar role performing MRI is an asset
- Current MRT (MR) registration in good standing with CMRITO (College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario)
- MRI diploma/degree
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance
- Experience with GE scanner (HDxT platform) is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word and Outlook)
- Experience with EMR systems
Part-time shifts are also available
2075 Hadwen Road
416 992 1776