KMH Cardiology Centres Inc
The OrganizationWe are a provider of high quality healthcare with 10 clinics in the GTA and South Western Ontario region. We are committed to providing diagnostic care and imaging that will assist in the early detection of disease, plan patient management and effectively monitor treatment. We support thousands of referring physicians and hospital programs including an exclusive partnership with Sunnybrook Hospital as the Rapid Cardiology Clinic and Heart Failure outpatient center.Our areas of expertise include Nuclear Cardiology, Nuclear Medicine, Cardiology Testing, MRI, PET and Specialist services.Our Mission: To set new standards in the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and cost effective health care services with a commitment to high quality patient care.We can offer you a great environment with an outstanding team and the opportunity for learning and growth.For more information, please go to www.kmhlabs.com
Are you a patient focused MRI Technologist with excellent clinical skills looking for a great environment with an outstanding team?
KMH Cardiology Centres Inc. is recruiting for an overnight MRI Technologist at our centre of excellence in Markham.
The MRI Technologist performs high quality diagnostic images to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The key accountabilities include:
- Patient care including: greeting the patient, explaining the upcoming test, reviewing the requisition and completing the medical history form.
- Instructs or aids patients for procedure
- Patient safety
- Observes the patient during the diagnostic procedure from the control room and summons medical aid when necessary.
- Operates MRI equipment to produce the highest possible quality diagnostic result with minimum discomfort to the patient.
- Follows MRI safety regulations and guidelines to minimize risk to other staff and patients,
- Conducts examinations in accordance with CMRITO, MRI and KMH's protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in the research and development activities of the clinic.
- Assists in planning KMH's Quality Assurance program and performs Quality Control testing.
- Applies independent judgment and critical thinking during the examination to ensure that all appropriate data is accurately captured in the images.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly condition and ensures the examination rooms are properly supplied, equipped and operational before, during and after each shift.
- Ensures that all equipment is well maintained and in good working order and assists in maintaining a current inventory of routine laboratory supplies.
- Works with cross functional team and other KMH staff to assist with patient care as-needed.
- Attends team meetings and updates.
- Maintain continuous professional development in MRI through self-study including attending courses or seminars.
- 1 year experience in a similar role performing MRI is an asset
- Current MRT (MR) registration in good standing with CMRITO (College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario)
- MRI diploma/degree
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance
- Experience with GE scanner (HDxT platform) is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word and Outlook)
- Experience with EMR systems
The MRI team takes pride in our training learning focused environment including educational team meetings, case studies rounds, up-to-date imaging protocols and a growing practise with an outstanding group of clinicians.
We are the only IHF facility in Ontario with an official GE partnership.
We are recruiting for a full-time position. This position is scheduled for 5 shifts Monday-Friday. Shifts are typically scheduled between 11.00 p.m.-7.00 a.m. Weekends are required on rotation. The role reports to the MRI Technical Manager and is part of a team of 8 Technologists.
Part-Time shifts are also available. Please e-mail email@example.com to enquire about part-time options.
We offer a competitive rate, comprehensive benefits, Work Perks, Let's Move program wellness initiatives and the opportunity for growth.
We offer attractive overnight premiums, relocation support and an outstanding new graduate incentive program in a great work environment.
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to apply for this position.
Thank you for your application. Only candidates selected for an initial virtual interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Follow us on https://ca.linkedin.com/company/kmhcardiologycentres and Instagram: kmhcardiology
VP Talent and Human Resources
2075 Hadwen Road, Mississauga