Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Med-Scan X-Ray and Ultrasound - Nuclear Medicine Division
Perform general nuclear medicine examinations as well as the clerical duties associated with patient handling.
General nuclear medicine duties include:
* radio pharmaceutical preparation and quality management
* bone, brain, thyroid, liver, spleen, hepatobiliary,lung and renal scans, thyroid scan, thyroid uptake
* Gallium scans, RBC liver/spleen scans
* rest and stress MUGA’s • rest and stress myocardial imaging
* Ordering and dispensing radiopharmaceuticals for use in diagnostic procedures
* Provide quality care and service to patients and the referring team
* Adherence to MRT guidelines in exceeding standards in quality of care
* Preparing reports as required maintaining all records for compliance with CNSC regulations.
* Ensures all quality control assessments are performed as required including maintaining proper records of Quality Control Procedures.
* Other duties as assigned
* Current and valid Certificate of Registration with College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO)
* Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologist (CAMRT)
* Radiation Safely Office (RSO) - (an asset)
* Current CPR and First Aid Training * B.C.L.S certificate
* Maintain competence in all aspects of Nuclear Medicine technology as may be required by the professional bodies regulating this profession.
* Knowledge and proficiency of Nuclear Medicine procedure and operating regulations.
Mrs. Marie Mazzuca