Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Brant Community Healthcare System
The Brant Community Healthcare System is a two site Community Hospital located in Brantford (Brantford General Hospital) and Paris, Ontario (The Willett- Urgent Care and Transitional Care). The Brantford General is an acute care hospital (one hour from Toronto, London, and Niagara Region) with a state of the art Diagnostic Imaging Department.The Radiology and Nuclear Medicine departments perform almost 190,000 exams or tests per year.The communities of Brantford and Brant County have helped support the department's move towards digital imaging bringing the Brant Community Healthcare System to the forefront of Digital Imaging services.
Reporting to the Technical Specialist, Medical Imaging, Cardiac Diagnostics and EMG, you will be responsible for performing diagnostic Nuclear Medicine procedures in accordance with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists. The Nuclear Medicine Department is a high volume, fast paced department. We are seeking a technologist who can work independently as well as be an intricate part of our team. The department has a Hologic BMD and has two state of the art GE Nuclear Medicine Gamma cameras, both with attenuation correction. The department conducts a wide range of imaging including: MPI studies with calcium score, an active Brain Imaging program for dementia; closed head injuries as well as Parkinson Disease assessment. The department is also home to an active infectious imaging program as well as all routine Nuclear Medicine procedures and thyroid treatment. All studies are supervised and reported by Royal College Certified Nuclear Medicine specialists. Future initiatives will be to establish a more comprehensive Therapy program in conjunction with the Oncology program.
• Experience in a fast paced Imaging Department preferred
• Current B.C.L.S. Certificate preferred
• Demonstrated technical competence and a commitment to quality patient care
• Excellent demonstrated customer service and communication skills
• Willing to work any shift and weekends, and be available to take call if scheduled
• Demonstrated educational and professional involvement as well as a commitment to professional development
• Excellent attendance record
• Excellent demonstrated interpersonal and technical skills
• C.A.M.R.T. (or equivalent) trained Medical Radiation Technologist required
• Current College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists NM designation required
200 Terrace Hill St Brantford, ON
Job Posting Link