Nuclear Medicine Technologist
MyHealth Centre is the largest operator of independent diagnostic health facilities in Ontario. More than 15,000 Ontario healthcare providers refer their patients to MyHealth Centre’s 40 accredited locations for OHIP-covered cardiology, imaging, women’s health, telehealth, and sleep diagnostic services.We offer unique benefits to our staff including Employee assistance program (EAP), opportunity to travel to other MyHealth locations and earn travel premium & mileage, we have also partnered with many schools & colleges to encourage continuing education programs. We offer Sign on bonus for specific locations and provide relocation benefits to assist candidates to help with relocation expenses.
Mississauga, Brampton, Birchmount, Newmarket and Toronto
• Ensure patient identification, safety and preparation procedures are correct before starting nuclear medicine examinations.
• Ensure relevant patient history is documented.
• Inform supervisor, or designated person, of unusual or abnormal cases.
• Set up and adjust nuclear medicine equipment, maintaining established protocol.
• Monitor supplies and notify supervisor of shortages.
Performance of Nuclear Medicine Procedures:
• Radio pharmaceutical preparation and quality management.
• Bone, brain, thyroid, liver, spleen, hepatobiliary, renal scans and lung.
• I131 thyroid treatments, Bone Densitometry scans.
• Gallium scans, RBC liver/spleen scans.
• Venograms, dacrocystograms and testicular scans.
• Rest and stress MUGA’s.
• Ensure (and monitor) all quality control assessments are performed as required.
• Observe and report all malfunctions in nuclear medicine equipment.
• Follow manufacturer's guidelines for operation, maintenance and minor trouble shooting.
• Sign all required documentation.
• Ensure all abnormal and urgent cases are handled as outlined in departmental guidelines.
• Clean, tidy and disinfect nuclear medicine equipment and change rooms.
• Follow established health and safety procedures.
• Comply with all Company and Government Regulations.
• Maintain continuing CMRTO registration and medical educational requirements necessary for ongoing certification.
• Under direction of the supervisor/clinic manager, assists other staff members when workload is completed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Rest and Stress myocardial imaging.
• Current and valid Certificate of Registration with the Association of Medical Radiation Technologists of the relevant province.
• Knowledge and proficiency in general nuclear medicine procedures.
• Maintain current CPR and First Aid certificate.
• Maintain competence in position by attending staff meetings.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, good command of the English language and excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work varying shifts and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Self-evaluate performance, establish personal objectives and participate in yearly staff performance review.
Have a cheerful, positive attitude and the ability to work effectively with others as well as the ability to work independently and treat everyone with respect, dignity, and kindness.
Full Time, Part Time and Casual
Interested applicants are requested to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.